Who doesn't wish for thick and healthy hair? We all do. However, sadly, most of us suffer from common hair problems like hair fall, thinning, dandruff, splitends which make it all only look like a dream.
We have all tried and tested so many different hair care products but it hasn't worked for a majority of us. That can be because a lot of hair care products come packed with chemicals that harm our hair in different ways.
So, here we thought of bringing you a traditional hair oil recipe that can help you achieve healthy and long hair. Read on.
Herbal Hair Oil For Hair Growth
For those who don't know, Rekha Diwekar has an amazing fan following on social media and one reason behind it is that she keeps brining traditional recipes from her kitchen.
She recently took over her Instagram handle and shared this traditional herbal hair oil recipe.
How To Make Herbal Hair Oil?
To prepare the herbal hair oil at home, you will need the following ingredients:
- Hibiscus flowers - 20
- Neem leaves - 30
- Curry leaves - 30
- Onions - 5 (Small)
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 Tsp
- Aloe vera - 1 Leaf
- Jasmine flowers - 15-20
- Coconut oil - 1 Litre
- Begin with soaking fenugreek seeds in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the aloe vera into small pieces.
- In a grinder, add fenugreek seeds, aloe vera, and all the other ingredients.
- Transfer to a big kadhai.
- Add one liter of pure coconut oil to it.
- Heat the kadhai on low flame for about 45 minutes till the colour starts to change to green.
- Let the oil cool down.
- Strain the oil in a glass bottle.
- Homemade herbal oil is ready!
What To Do With The Solid Portion?
Don't throw away the solid that is left after you strain the oil. Rekha Diwekar in her post shared that the solid portion can be used as a body scrub.
Benefits Of Applying Herbal Oil
On her Instagram post, Rekha Diwekar shared that the oil is highly beneficial for hair growth. She wrote:
- Hibiscus, curry leaves, onion help a lot in hair growth (thickness as well as length).
- Neem leaves prevent dandruff as well as lice.
- Aloe vera gives lustre and helps in the growth of hair. (methi hair packs)
- Fenugreek (methi seeds) are well known for their benefits in general for healthy hair.
- Jasmine flowers give an aroma to the oil.
How To Use Herbal Oil?
Apply the hair oil to the scalp and massage well. Do it at least twice a week and see the magical effect. If possible, leave the oil overnight.
Rekha Diwekar shared that one will have a great experience as the fragrance flows all over.
If you are someone who has been hunting for hair care products that can help hair growth then you should instead try this hair oil once. It is easy to make and as shared by Rekha Diwekar it will surely give magical results if used in the right way.
I am surely going to try making this oil at home for my hair. If you try it too, don't forget to share your experience on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned!
Image courtesy: Rekha Diwekar/Instagram