Sandalwood is known for its captivating and naturally strong fragrance. It is common referred to as ‘chandan’ in India. Not only the smell but its composition is so wonderous that it is widely used in a lot of beauty products. You can also use this directly by making a face mask and you will notice some unbelievable results as this is super effective, reliable, and nourishing. Plus, it is one of the most trusted Ayurvedic remedies that can solve your skin problems.
Therefore, we thought of taking you through some benefits of sandalwood face masks and also some recipes that you can try right at your home.
How To Make DIY Chandan Face Masks
- The easiest face mask that you can make within a minute is the rose water and sandalwood mask. Just mix some rose water with sandalwood powder. Then take this mixture and apply it to your face. This maks is great for oily skin and helps you in unwinding yourself from a day full of tedium.
- Then you can also mix some sandalwood powder with orange juice and then apply it to the face till it dries.
- For reducing acne on your skin, just take some sandalwood powder, mix turmeric and lemon juice in it and apply the paste over your face and wash the face after 20 minutes. This not only cools the skin but also helps in getting rid of the excessive sebum present on the skin that causes acne.
- If you are looking forward to achieving a bright radiance on your face, then mix some curd, raw milk, and sandalwood powder together. Apply the mixture gently all over your face and massage it for 10 minutes, leave it on for 15 minutes, and there you go! You will have that flawless shine on your face in no time.
- If your skin is ageing faster than your age this face mask(peach face mask for skin) will surely come in handy. Just mix egg white, curd, and a little apple juice and sandalwood powder and mix all the ingredients nicely before applying it to your skin.
Some Remarkable Benefits Of Sandalwood
Helps In Reducing Sun Tan
The natural oils present in sandalwood help in fighting the harmful effects of the sun on the skin. They help you in cooling down the skin and also protect your skin from the excessive heat during summers while reducing the sun tan(remedies to get rid of sun tan).
Reduce Inflammation In The Skin
Inflammation in the skin is another thing that can be battled with this essential oil. It helps in reducing the burning sensations and also get over mild infections caused due to insect bites and coagulation of skin.
Works Wonders As An Astringent
Sandalwood works as the perfect astringent as it tightens the skin pores and makes the clogged pores free from any dust or dirt.
Don't miss: How To Do A Cashew Cleanup At Home
It is Also Antiseptic
Sandalwood is also full of antiseptic properties and that is why it removes any microbes that are present on the skin. This helps in reducing the chances of acne and pimples and other allergies caused due to viruses and bacteria.
Rejuvenates The Skin
The sandalwood and its cooling properties also help reduce tiredness and give your skin a very healthy glow. This ultimately gives you relaxation and also promotes rejuvenation of the skin.
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more