What is rice water? It is the same water in which you soak your rice and then it turns into a milky liquid and then you strain your rice and throw it. You will stop throwing this water once you get to know its amazing benefits for your hair. Well, rice water is packed with minerals and vitamins which makes it healthy for your hair.
Many don't know that there is a tribe called Red Yao in a Chinese Village called Huangluo where women have been using rice water to wash their hair for years now. Women in this village have the longest hair.
So, now you know that this is not anything new but something many of us weren't aware of. For those long and healthy hair, women have been using it for years.
According to a study, rice water helps in repairing damaged hair. It has a carbohydrate, inositol which keeps your hair healthy. Rice water has amino acids which make your hair roots strong. It also makes your hair shiny and smooth.
Preparing Rice Water
Plain Rice Water
You can prepare rice water using white rice or brown rice. Make sure you wash your rice thoroughly to remove any imputirties or chemicals used in its preparation. Rinse rice in cold water.
Add 2 tbsp of rice in 2 cups of water in a bowl.
Leave the mixture for 30 minutes and then you can use it on your hair.
Fermented Rice Water
For fermented rice water, transfer the water and rice mix to a container and leave it for around 24 hours. You may find it a little smelly so you can add lavender essence to get rid of it. After 24 hours, strain the water. Add some warm water to the fermented rice water and then use it on your hair. Follow with your regular shampoo and conditioner. The smell may not go very quickly but will go in 1-2 washes.
Benefits Of Using Rice Water
- Rice water has essential vitamins which help in hair growth. It helps in improving hair growth.
- Rice water helps in repairing damaged hair, it protects your hair from any further damage too.
- The amino acids present in rice water helps in strenghtening the hair roots.
- Regular usage of rice water also help in smoothening your hair.
- Dandruff is a common hair problem and using rice water helps in dealing with this hair issue.
- For those shiny and smooth tresses, you should start using rice water on your hair.
- Rice water is also helpful in removing lice.
- Along with cleansing your hair, rice water also works as a hair conditioner. You can add any essential oil to it and then apply on your hair. It smoothens your hair.
- Rice water also helps in improving the texture of your hair. If you have thin hair then rice water will help you increase the volume of your hair.
Now that you know these benefits of using rice water on your hair, make it a part of your hair care routine. For more such hair care tips, stay tuned!