If you are blessed with combination skin, then not all natural products might suit your skin. With oil erupting from the T-zone, you might experience a dry spell on the other parts of your face. This might also lead to acne and breakouts on your forehead, nose and chin. In order to keep pimples at bay and add a natural glow to your face, try these homemade face masks, especially curated for people with combination skin.
Multani Mitti Pack
Multani mitti with its oil-absorbing properties is an amazing ingredient for people with combination skin. It also fights off acne and removes gunk from your face. It gives a cooling effect to your face and improves blood circulation, which improves the tone of your face.
Ingredients required: 2 tbsp multani mitti, 1 tbsp rose water and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
Steps to make the mask:
- Step 1- In a bowl take multani mitti and add rose water to it.
- Step 2- Add lemon juice, according to the consistency you need.
- Step 3- You can add more rose water to make the paste of a spreadable consistency.
- Step 4- Apply it all over your face and leave for 20 minutes.
- Step 5- Multani mitti will harden as it dries, which is why it is suggested that you don’t speak while the mask is applied on your face.
- Step 6- Wash off with cool water and pat dry your face.
Egg White Mask
If you have a really oily T-zone but dry cheeks, then egg white is the perfect ingredient for you. It will shut down the large pores on your nose and forehead, which basically makes the face oily. This will also prevent bacteria accumulation, which will ward off acne and blackheads.
Ingredients required: 1 egg white, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp orange juice and ½ tbsp turmeric powder.
Steps to make the mask-
- Step 1- Take one egg white in a bowl and whisk it properly.
- Step 2- Once it is frothy, add orange juice and honey.
- Step 3- Combine well and add turmeric powder to it.
- Step 4- After mixing, apply it all over your face using an applicator brush.
- Step 5- This face pack will be liquidy and might create a mess. Which is why you must wear an old t-shirt while applying it.
- Step 6- Let the face mask dry off.
- Step 7- Wash off with water. You can also use a mild face wash to get rid of the smell of egg white.
Green Tea Mask
With its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, green tea is another effective ingredient for combination skin. It will not only keep acne at bay but also keep your face soft and supple.
Ingredients required: 2 tbsp green tea leaves, 1 tbsp aloe vera gel and 1 tbsp honey.
Steps to make the mask-
- Step 1- Take 2 tbsp green leaves in a bowl and add 1 tbsp aloe vera gel in it.
- Step 2- Mix 1 tbsp honey and prepare a paste.
- Step 3- Spread it all over your face and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Step 4- Wash your face with water and pat it dry.
Aloe vera gel will add a natural glow to your face, while honey will help in getting rid of dirt.
People with combination skin must stay away from harsh ingredients like apple cider vinegar and baking soda, when it comes to homemade face masks. You can apply lemon juice, but only after mixing it with other base ingredients, like multani mitti and gram flour.
For more such DIYs and skin care tips, stay tuned to HerZindagi.com