Kalonji or nigella seeds are a common ingredient found in Indian kitchens. These little black seeds are commonly used to prepare temperings. But do you know they can do wonders for your hair?
Nigella seeds are widely used in the preparation of a lot of hair masks and conditioners that are available in the market. These seeds have anti-inflammatory compounds, nutrients that are all essential for your hair and can benefit them in different ways.
To make kalonji seeds or nigella seeds a part of your hair care routine, you can turn them into a hair oil.
Read on to know how to make kalonji oil at home using just a few ingredients.
How Is Kalonji Beneficial For Your Hair?
- Kalonji has anti-inflammatory compounds which reduce irritation from your scalp. Scalp inflammation leads to dandruff and other hair problems that further lead to hair fall.
- Loaded with nutrients, kalonji is great for your hair. It gives your hair the required nutrients and increases your hair growth.
- By improving the health of your hair follicles, this oil reduces the overall health of your hair. It not only increases your hair growth but also prevents hair loss.
- Black seed oil has linoleic acid which prevents hair graying.
- Black seed oil has omega 3 and this helps in increasing blood circulation which further promotes hair growth.
How To Make Black Seed Oil Or Kalonji Oil At Home?
- 1 tablespoon black seeds
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- 200 ml of coconut oil
- 50 ml castor oil
Grind black seeds and fenugreek seeds into a powder. Now put this powder in the glass container. Add coconut oil and castor oil and mix. Now close the container and place it in the sunlight. Keep it for 2 to 3 weeks. Keep stirring the oil every two days and after 2-3 weeks strain it. Apply this oil once or twice a week for best results.
What Does The Expert Say?
Nutritionist Ekta Sood shared, "Black seeds or kalonji is used since ancients time specially to fight hair fall and even to re-growth. This strengthens the follicles and prevent from falling off. People with dandruff issues can also use this miracle seed for healthy scalp. These seeds are not only good for our hair but also overall health. These little seeds help to cure constipation, regulate blood sugar levels, control blood pressure, improvise liver health among others. These miracle seeds are rich in antioxidants and have antibacterial properties."
How To Use Nigella Seed Oil For Hair Growth?
- You can use black seed oil directly on your hair. Take some black seed oil and massage on your scalp. Keep for half an hour and then wash. Massaging your hair with this oil helps in quick hair growth.
- You can also use kalonji oil in combination with other hair oils like olive oil or castor oil. Take equal quantities of black seed oil and the other hair oil, mix and apply on your hair. Massage well and then leave for 30 minutes and then shampoo.
- You can use kalonji oil with lemon juice too. Lemon has vitamin C that increases the collagen level on your scalp. First use lemon juice on your hair, keep it on for 15 minutes, and then rinse. Next, take black seed oil and massage on your hair. You can keep this oil overnight also.
- Take some fenugreek seeds and mix them with black seed oil and coconut oil. Make sure you grind fenugreek seeds. Now apply this mix on your hair, keep for 30 minutes and then wash with a mild shampoo. Both coconut oil and fenugreek seeds are great for your hair. They keep problems like hair fall and hair thinning at bay.
Don't Miss: 5 Reasons Why You Must Start Consuming Kalonji
When you use black seed oil with other oils, it can get really difficult to remove it from your hair. Use a good shampoo to make your hair oil-free.
Do try making this oil at home and share the results with us. For more such hair care and homemade DIYs, stay tuned to HerZindagi.com
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org