Rocking curls is always in style, isn’t it? They are beautiful and usually envied by those having straight hair. But, like every other thing in life, they can be a blessing as well as a curse. How?
Maintaining curly hair can be a daunting task. They require continual nurturing and careful treatment as they tend to be drier than other textures. They also tend to get frizzy.
This actually happens because your curls obstruct the natural oils from your scalp from travelling down the length of your hair. Due to this, your hair becomes dehydrated and is often in dire need of moisture and nourishment. But what is it that will solve all your hair woes? Of course, it’s a hair conditioner.
Now you must be thinking of adding a chemical-laden hair conditioner to your online shopping cart, but we are going to stop you right there! Those chemical-filled hair conditioners can be costly and can have long-term side effects on your hair.
Then, what is the alternative? Obviously, homemade conditioners!
Believe us, you can make some amazing hair conditioners in the comfort of your own kitchen that will improve the health and texture of your hair and certainly keep a check on those flyaways. Further, they are without any chemicals and are not going to burn a hole in your pocket.
So, to help you, we have listed some of the best homemade hair conditioners for your curly mane. Keep reading to know how you can make them!
Greek Yoghurt, Coconut Milk, And Honey Hair Conditioner
Greek Yoghurt is one of those incredibly refreshing delights that we usually have for breakfast. But little did you know that it can be used to make a deep conditioner for your curly hair.
Not only does this DIY natural hair conditioner intensely moisturize and repair your damaged hair, but it can also assist in opening up your curly tresses and give them definition, which is exactly what you're looking for.
Greek Yoghurt can moisturize and strengthen your hair and increase its shine. It also comprises of elements that can help in fighting dandruff. While, coconut milk can stimulate hair growth and can also restore the damaged ones. Sometimes, it can also loosen curls.
Honey and coconut oil should also be added to the mix. They can soften, smooth, and hydrate your hair while boosting hair growth. Adding a few drops of lavender essential oil can help in treating dandruff as well as help in masking the smell of other ingredients.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Greek Yoghurt.
- Take 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil along with 2 tablespoons of organic honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
- Then, add 4-5 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Now, for application, divide your hair into 6-8 sections. This step will make the application easier.
- Apply hair conditioner to every part of your hair. Also, make sure that your hair is well-covered from the roots to the tips with the conditioner.
- Then, you can just roll up your hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for at least 40-45 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- For best results, use this conditioner twice a month.
Banana, Milk, And Honey Hair Conditioner
Your beautiful curls deserve to be treated with some banana goodness, right?
This is because bananas are enriched with vitamins, potassium, and natural oils. These elements can moisturize your hair, make them shinier, and soft. This magic ingredient also reduces hair breakage. While, the calcium content present in milk also helps in preventing hair loss and makes the roots of your tresses stronger.
Mixed with humble honey, a natural moisturizing agent, this super-nourishing hair conditioner will help promote your hair growth and the volume of your curls from follicle to tip.
- Take 1 ripe banana and mash it in a bowl.
- Then, add 3 tablespoons of milk to the bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic honey.
- Combine all the ingredients to make a thick paste.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, going from root to tip.
- Put on a shower cap and let it sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse it off using a mild shampoo with lukewarm water.
- To achieve the desired results, apply this hair conditioner once a week.
Don't miss: Tools You Must Have If You Have Curly Hair
Egg And Olive Hair Conditioner
We know that the idea of applying raw eggs to your curly hair can gross you out. But trust us, this homemade conditioner will overshadow all the downsides by leaving you with soft hair and a healthy scalp.
An egg is known as an amazing natural conditioner for curly hair as it contains vitamin A which helps in increasing your hair’s ability to moisturize itself. Olive oil, on the other hand, is great at nourishing, hydrating, and getting rid of hair problems such as dandruff.
Mixing both of these ingredients together will reduce frizz and smooth out your curls!
- Take 2 egg yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl.
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- Divide your curly hair into sections and apply the conditioner.
- Then, cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for about 40 minutes.
- Wash the hair conditioner off with a mild shampoo using cold water.
- Use this hair conditioner once a week for achieving the best results.
Which of these hair conditioners are you going to try for your curly hair? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com