A clean and germ free toilet is the most important thing in the washroom and you should take care of the fact that it is cleaned regularly. Because the toilet seat comes in contact with our skin and that could be very harmful for us. Moreover, stinky toilets are also not liked by anyone the buildup of the germs, and other things in the toilet bowl is responsible for that bad odour. And in order to remove both these issues from your washroom, you are supposed to use a very good quality toilet cleaner.
Are the ones available in the market are both expensive and full of harsh chemicals so, what is the way out? Well, making a toilet cleaner right at home is. This toilet cleaner is not chemical laden, and can be used to clean the sink and the other stains in the washroom at the pipes, taps etc. So, go ahead and make this toilet cleaner and use it at home.
Things You Will Be Needing
- Spoon (Wooden),
- A Glass Bowl,
- Measuring Cups,
- Baking Soda,
- Citric Acid Powder,
- Disinfecting Essential Oil,
- Distilled White Vinegar,
- 2 Glass Jars With Lids,
- Permanent Marker,
- A Non- Metal Tablespoon,
- A Measuring Scoop,
- A Toilet Brush,
- A Microfiber Cloth,
- Silicone Mold
Getting Started With Making The Toilet Cleaner
- Start by taking 2 cups of baking soda in a glass bowl and then add to it 1/2 cup of citric acid powder and mix with the wooden spoon.
- You must be particular with the glass bowl as metallic ones get corroded on the addition of essential oils and the plastic ones get permanently stained.
- Moving on, now you will be adding the disinfecting essential oil to this mixture. You can use tea oil tree, lavender oil, orange oil, and pine oil as they all have great abilities to disinfect and kill the microbes.
- So, take one teaspoon of any of these oils and add to the mixture and Make sure to add drop by drop and keep stirring simultaneously until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Now just transfer the mixture into a glass jar and remember to name it.
- Then take the white vinegar with 20% concentration and store it in a different jar.
- The white vinegar is to be used separately at the time of cleaning.
- You can also make tablets by mixing together the baking soda mixed with vinegar and pour it over the silicone mold. Let it dry for 24 hours and then pop the tablets and store in a glass jar. Use one tablet at a time.
How To Clean With This DIY
- The first step will be flushing the toilet and ensuring that it is totally clean.
- Sprinkle the baking soda mixture spreading it around the bowl of the toilet.
- Use a damp brush to scrub out the dirt.
- Pour 1/2 cup of white vinegar over it and scrub once again.
- Wait for 5 minutes scrub one last time and then flush.
- Your toilet will be clean as ever and it will also smell very good.
So, use these tips and make your own super effective DIY toilet cleaner. If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.