Gayatri Mantra is a jaap that almost all of us have heard somewhere or the other if not at home. It is a rather easy mantra to chant and has a comforting sound to it. This mantra is said to affect your jagrut (waking), swapna (dream) and sushupt (deep sleep), the three states of consciousness. The vibration of the mantra is said to help us in transcending and shield us from ailments.
There are mantra has 24 letters that correspond with the 24 vertebrae of the spine which supports and stabilises our entire body.
Benefits of Gayatri Mantra
Image courtesy: vedicfeed
- Sharpening of intellect
- Brightening the memory
- Deep cleansing from the tainted mind we may have developed depending upon the company we stay in and other latent tendencies.
- Gives inner and mental peace.
- Enhances eternal power.
- helps in increasing concentration power,
- Rekindling the inner glow.
- Helps in increasing will power.
- The vibration that exudes when we chant this mantra, it helps us move into a meditative state. The energy that the mantra vibration creates elevates our conscious and helps us get into a serene state of mind.
As per the Vedas, Gayatri Mantra is the first thing a child is taught. The mantra is supposed to chanted when it is neither light or dark outside. That is when the mind is said to have an altered state of consciousness. It is the right time when you must focus on yourself and not pay heed to the changes or movement. This is the time when your mind can slip into negativity which is why chanting the Gayatri mantra can help you move into a meditative state.
Rules To Chanting Gaya Mantra
- You can chant them at any time of the day but it is recommended that you do it in the morning between 4 am to 5 am and just before you are going to sleep at night.
- To do the jaap, have a bath and sit in yoga mudra.
- Concentrate while chanting and do so with your eyes closed.
- The mala used to chant is sphatik mala and you must chant the mantra 108 times.
- Keep your mind clear so that you do not mispronounce as that can lead to bad results.
- Try chanting at home keeping these rules in mind and see how it works for you.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi to know more about such mantras which are said to work wonders for devotess.