Tile flooring enhances the beauty of our homes in every way possible. However, cleaning them properly is important as several problems may arise like fading, rusting, or sometimes cracking of flooring if we don’t. Among all these, rusting seems to be the major issue that people deal with often in their kitchens or any other wet areas.
The rust stains can also sit on the floor due to metal furniture, home décor items, LPG cylinders, utensils, etc. Caused mostly by hard water, the rust ends up making your flooring appear unclean and messy. Not only this, but the rust can weaken the tiles, leading to holes. But, no need to worry because you can get rid of this problem by simply using some of your household ingredients in the following ways:
Lemon, a fruit high in citric acid is probably one of the best natural cleaners almost found in every household. Not only it has the capacity to clean burnt vessels and rust stains from floors, but it also remove germs due to its antibacterial properties. To remove rust stains all you need to do is:
- Extract lemon juice in a bowl, and add a pinch of salt.
- Pour ¼ teaspoon of the juice over the rust stain.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes. After that use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean it down. You will notice the rust stain on the floor will start disappearing.
Toothpaste is an amazing mild cleaning agent. While there are different types of toothpastes, the one made from baking soda not only removes dental plaque but also deal with scuffs and stains.
- Cover the rust stain from a thin coat of toothpaste.
- Take a soft-bristled brush and start rubbing it up in circular motions. Once done, clean the tiles with water or tissue paper.
There is no other household cleaner as strong as vinegar. Be it a mineral deposit, grease or rust, the acidic nature of vinegar is so powerful that it can dissolve all of these stubborn stains in no time.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar on the rust stain. Let it sit for about 3-5 minutes.
- Using a clean, soft cloth wipe down the floor.
- Repeat the same process again. You will notice the rust stain on the floor disappearing.
When it comes to removing rust from any substance, there is no better option than using kerosene. It is similar to vinegar, but quicker and more powerful.
- Pour two tablespoons of kerosene over the stain.
- Let it sit for around 10 minutes. Using cotton cloth rub the surface.
- Do not wash. Let it stay for another 5 minutes and then clean from water or paper towel.
Just like lemons, tomatoes are also citric in nature. It has organic acid that is amazing for removing deposited minerals or stains. If you’re tired of cylinder marks in the kitchen all you need to do is:
- Take a tomato, cut it into two halves.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the rust and rub that portion with a piece of tomato.
- Let resides sit for around 5-7 minutes. Once done, clean with a soft cloth.
If you wish to learn more household hacks, stay tuned to HerZindagi.