Don't know what to make for breakfast? Take out that leftover malai or cream from the refrigerator and prepare some healthy veggie sandwiches. Instead of using heavy mayonnaise, you can use homemade malai which tastes equally delicious but healthier.
All you need to add to the malai or cream is some healthy vegetables of your choice. You can choose from capsicum, onion, corn, paneer, cabbage or carrots.
How To Make Malai Sandwiches?
- Begin with washing all the vegetables. Peel and cut into small cubes.
- In a big bowl, add malai or cream.
- Add in all the vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper as per taste and combine.
- Take a bread slice and spread the malai mix on one side.
- Spread some tomato ketchup or homemade chutney on the other side.
- Place the sandwich on the tawa or a grill machine and cook till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot. This sandwich can also be served cold.
Leftover Malai Sandwich Recipe Card
This creamy and delicious sandwich will be loved by all!
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 5 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1-2 Cup Malai Or Homemade Cream
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Capsicum
- 1/2 Cup Boiled Corns
- 1/2 Cup Paneer Cubes
- Salt and Pepper As Per Taste
- Tomato Ketchup Or Mint Chutney
- Step 1
- Chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Step 2
- In a bowl, add leftover malai and chopped vegetables. Combine well.
- Step 3
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to the bowl as per taste and mix.
- Step 4
- Spread the veggie mix on one side of the bread and tomato ketchup or mint chutney on the other side.
- Step 5
- Have the sandwich as is or grill it on a tawa or sandwich maker. Serve.