Amla or the Indian gooseberry is undoubtedly one of the healthiest fruits. It has some suprising medicinal benefits. Because of its anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic properties, amla is a popular health fruit. Amla is also a rich source of Vitamin C. With all these amazing benefits, amla is truly a blessing for all of us and we should add it to our diet.
One easy way to add amla to your diet is in the form of a pickle. Now preparing amla pickle is no task! You can prepare delicious amla pickle at home in just 10 minutes.
Instant Amla Pickle
- 8-10 amlas
- 1/3rd tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/3rd tsp hing
- 1/3rd tsp haldi
- 6-7 green chilies
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
Cut amla into thick wedges. Chop green chilli and grate ginger. Now take a pan and add oil (you can use normal cooking oil) to it. When oil gets hot, add mustard seeds. As mustard seeds start to splutter, add a pinch of haldi, hing, and red chili powder. Next add amla, ginger and chilies. Stir well. Cover the lid and let it cook for a few minutes. In between check if the amla is getting softer. Once it gets a little soft, switch off the flame and let the pickle cool. Your pickle is ready! Make sure you store it in a glass container as it is not safe to store pickles in plastic containers. If you want to store it for longer, you can add more oil to it.
This easy to make delicious recipe is great for all your family members. Amla has some amazing health benefits. Consuming amla in the form of this delicious pickle will help you enjoy all these health benefits.
1. Heart problems are on an increase these days and one of the most common reasons behind it is high cholesterol. Consuming amla helps in reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body and this further helps to bring down the risk of heart diseases.
2. Amla is great for diabetics. It leads to proper absorption of insulin and this helps in reducing the blood sugar levels. Don't Miss Amla: Your Go-To Ingredient For Healthy And Strong Hair
3. One of the common causes behind ulcers is the deficiency of vitamin C in the body. Amla loads your body with the required amount of vitamin C and prevents the formation of ulcers.
4. Amla is rich in fiber content and this makes it great for digestion. It promotes the working of the digestive system and prevents any digestive problems like constipation.
5. Amla is rich in antioxidants and it has some amazing medicinal benefits. Eating amla regularly helps you fight free radicals and prevents cell damage. This prevents different types of cancer.
Now that you know the amazing benefits of amla, add it to your diet. Prepare this instant amla recipe at home and enjoy its health benefits.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org