Be honest, does your pizza or pasta taste as good without some oregano seasoning? No right? It is the oregano seasoning at the pizza bar that adds to the flavour. For those who don't know, oregano seasoning is basically dried oregano along with a mix of spices and herbs.
You know, there is nothing like too much oregano. A lot of us like to top our sandwiches, burgers with it for that delicious flavour. Do you know you can make your own oregano seasoning?
How To Make Oregano Seasoning?
- Oregano leaves are not easily available but a carom or ajwain leaves can be used instead of it along with marva leaves. They belong to the oregano family.
- Wash a handful of leaves with normal water a few times and then dry them under the fan or sun for about a week. You can also dry them in a microwave.
- Once completely dry, these leaves are ready to use.
- Put the leaves in a blender to make a powder.
- Trasnfer leaves powder to a bowl and add salt, black pepper powder, dried tulsi, garlic powder, chilli powder, bay leaves powder and mix well.
- Store in an air tight container and consume within 2 months.
Oregano Seasoning Recipe Card
This oregano seasoning tastes just like what you get at the pizza bar.
- Total Time :
- 15 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 5 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 20-30 Carom and Marva Leaves
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Tulsi Leaves Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Bay Leaves Powder
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Step 1
- Wash and dry carom and marva leaves.
- Step 2
- In a blender, add the leaves and make a powder.
- Step 3
- In a bowl, transfer the leaves powder and add salt, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, tulsi powder, bay leaves powder and garlic powder.
- Step 4
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Step 5
- Transfer to a container. This can be used for 2 long months.