Love baking pizza at home but don't get that pizza place like flavour? Well, that can be because of the pizza sauce. Most of us use readymade pizza sauces while preparing it at home and that's one reason why we don't get that authentic flavour.
You can make your own pizza sauce to add flavour to your homemade pizza. It is a really simple recipe and is done in just a couple of minutes.
How To Make Pizza Sauce?
- In a pan, add water and drop in the tomatoes. Heat for about 5-10 minutes till the skin starts to leave the tomatoes.
- Take off flame and once cool, peel the skin of the tomatoes.
- Add the peeled tomatoes to a blender and make a smooth puree.
- Add some oil to a pan, add chopped garlic and saute.
- Next, add tomato puree and cook well.
- Sprinkle sugar, chilli powder, oregano, chilli flakes, salt and basil. Mix well.
- Keep stirring till you get a thick consistency.
- Add some tomato sauce to the mix.
- Add butter and mix again.
- Pizza sauce is ready for use!
Pizza Sauce Recipe Card
This pizza sauce can be stored for longer use in an air tight container.
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 10 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 6 Tomatoes
- 1-2 Tsp Chopped Garlic
- Oil As Required
- Salt To Taste
- 3/4 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Butter
- 3/4 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Tbsp Basil Leaves
- Step 1
- Blanch tomatoes and puree.
- Step 2
- In a pan, add some oil and heat.
- Step 3
- Add chopped garlic and cook till golden brown.
- Step 4
- Add in the tomato puree.
- Step 5
- Next add salt, sugar, chilli flakes, chilli powder, basil leaves and oregano. Mix well.
- Step 6
- Cook till you get a thick paste like consistency.
- Step 7
- Take off flame and add butter and tomato sauce. Mix well. Pizza sauce is ready!