If you are an egg lover then you can't miss having egg biryani. This one is a great lunch recipe and can be easily prepared using a few ingredients at home. If you have a get together at home, then also this recipe can be a good choice.
This one pot meal recipe will satiate your hunger and taste buds too! Egg biryani is the perfect combination of boiled eggs, basmati rice, and aromatic spices.
How To Make Egg Biryani?
- Rinse rice and soak it in 4 cups of water for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, drain all the water.
- In an instant pot, add ghee. Cut onions and add them to the pot. Saute till they turn golden brown, for about 10 minutes.
- Take half of the onions and keep aside. Add a few drops of water to the pot and mix.
- Next add cumin seeds, bay leaves, garam masala, turmeric, salt, ginger, garlic, cilantro, tomatoes, yogurt, red chilli powder, coriander leaves, and mix well.
- Add boiled eggs to the pot. Coat the eggs with all the spices and onion mix.
- Next, add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Add in the rice and spread it all over evenly.
- Close the cooker/pot. Cook on low flame.
- Open the cooker after 5 minutes and then top the rice with caramalised onion, saffron milk, and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve egg biryani with some lemon slices and raita.
Instant Egg Biryani Recipe Card
Delicious and filling, this egg biryani is perfect to be served at a get together.
- Total Time :
- 50 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 40 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Tanya Malik
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Sliced Onions
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- Salt As Per Taste
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
- Saffron Milk (1 Pinch Saffron Mixed With 1 Tbsp Warm Milk)
- Lemon Wedges
- Step 1
- Soak rice for 20 minutes and then drain all the water.
- Step 2
- Boil the eggs, peel them and keep aside.
- Step 3
- In a pressure cooker/ instant pot, add some ghee, onions and saute till golden brown.
- Step 4
- Add cumin seeds, black peppercorns, bay leaves and saute for a minute.
- Step 5
- Next add salt, turmeric, ginger, garlic, garam masala, chilli powder, coriander leaves and yogurt.
- Step 6
- Next add eggs and mix well with the spices.
- Step 7
- Add soaked rice and water. Mix.
- Step 8
- Top the rice and eggs with caramalised onions and coriander leaves.
- Step 9
- Serve with lemon wedges and raita.