Chaat masala is a spice powder mix which is commonly found in every Indian kitchen. This masala powder is used to add flavour to just everything prepared in our households, right from dal to sabzi to fruit and vegetable salads.
Though chaat masala is easily available at home, we often feel our dishes are lacking that restaurant like flavour. Well, that can be because of the spices. You can make your own chaat masala at home and use it in the preparation of your different recipes to enhance flavour.
How To Make Chaat Masala At Home?
- Add whole coriander seeds, cumin seeds to a pan and dry roast till they turn aromatic.
- Take off flame and add to a grinder.
- Next add black peppercorns to the grinder and make a smooth powder.
- Take the powder out in a bowl and add asafoetida, dry mango powder, black salt and white salt to it. Mix well.
- In a glass container, transfer the chaat masala and store in a cool and dry place.
- This homemade chaat masala can be used for upto 2-3 months.
Chaat Masala Recipe Card
This flavourful chaat masala is ready at home using just a few regular spices.
- Total Time :
- 10 min
- Preparation Time :
- 2 min
- Cooking Time :
- 8 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1/4 Cup Cumin Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Black Peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp Black Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1/4 Cup Dry Mango Powder
- 1 Tsp White Salt
- Step 1
- In a pan, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds and dry roast.
- Step 2
- Grind the two seeds with black peppercorn to make a powder.
- Step 3
- Add asafoetida, dry mango powder, black salt and salt to the mix and combine.
- Step 4
- Store in an air tight container. Chaat masala is ready for use.