Talk of healthy vegetables and we can't miss talking about bell peppers. Bell peppers are loaded with essential nutrients that are great for our overall well-being. Available in different colours, this versatile vegetable is not only great to add some colour to your dishes but great flavour too. Adding bell peppers to your diet helps you have a healthier life. Read on to know some health benefits of bell pepper:
1. Bell peppers are low in calories. A cup full of bell peppers has only about 45 calories. This makes them a great food if you are following a weight loss regime.
2. Bell peppers have different kinds of carotenoids which improve your eye health. They prevent your eyes from different diseases like night blindness.
3. Loaded with antioxidants, bell peppers are great for your heart. Eating bell peppers helps you have a better cholesterol level and this further helps in reducing the risk of heart problems.
4. Bell peppers are rich in vitamin C, which is essential for the overall health of the body. Vitamin C is very helpful in improving immunity. Regular consumption of bell peppers helps in boosting your immunity. It also makes your skin healthy and youthful.
5. Improper digestion can lead to a lot of digestive problems. Thus, it is important to add the right foods to your diet. Bell pepper has high niacin content which promotes your digestive health and keeps all digestive problems at bay.
Potato Stuffed Bell Pepper
(240 ml cup used)
- 3 to 4 bell peppers medium size
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 handful of peas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ to ¾ tsp red chili powder
- ½ to ¾ tsp garam masala
- 1 pinch kasuri methi
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves
- Chaat masala powder for taste
Steam or boil veggies without making them mushy. When the potatoes are 3/4th cooked, add carrots and peas to the steam basket. Steam for a little longer until just cooked. Cut the top of the bell peppers and deseed them. Heat a pan with oil. Fry cumin and garlic until the garlic smells good. Add sliced onions.
When the onions turn golden, add red chili powder,garam masala or any other spice powder and crushed kasuri methi. Saute just for a minute. Add the steamed veggies and chopped coriander leaves. Mash them well. Add salt as needed. Add the mix to the bell peppers. Now take a pan and keep the stuffed bell peppers. Cover the pan and cook for a while. You can also grill these in a pre-heated oven at 160°C and bake for 8 to 15 mins depending on the size of bell peppers. Sprinkle chaat masala mixed with a pinch of salt.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com