Winters mark the beginning of cosy season. And that means lots of soups and stews. Markets are filled with fresh, healthy, delicious, and nutritious vegetables as winter approaches. When you've spent the winter cooped up inside, vegetable stews can help your immune system. Vitamins and minerals found in protein and vegetable stock can help the body heal itself and are effective against common illnesses like the cold. Take a look at these vegetable recipes that are delicious and healthy:-
1. Black Bean And Pumpkin Stew
- 50 g pumpkin puree
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 100 g pasta
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Olive oil
How To Make:-
1. Heat the oil in a big pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the pasta, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir it for one to two minutes, or until aromatic and toasted.
3. Turn up the heat, add the vegetable stock, and bring it to a boil.
4. Then cook the pasta for 7 to 9 minutes, by stirring in the black beans and pumpkin puree and lowering the heat until the mixture is boiling.
5. If necessary, add extra salt and/or pepper.
6. Pour it into a bowl and top it with a few crumbs.
2. Indian Vegetable Stew
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large onions
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2-3 potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 ½ cups water
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1 cup of chickpeas (rinsed)
- 2 crushed tomatoes (roasted)
- 1 pound mini carrots
Don't miss: 3 Cardamom-Filled Recipes That Are Enriched With Antioxidants
How To Make It:-
1. Over medium heat, heat oil in a pan. Onions should be added and cooked for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant and starting to brown.
2. For approximately a minute, while stirring, add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir for 30 to 60 seconds or until aromatic after adding the cumin seed, ground cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cardamom.
3. Add salt, water, and potatoes and stir. For 10 minutes, cook with a cover.
4. Add the carrots, tomatoes, and chickpeas.
5. Reduce heat to medium and boil the potatoes and carrots for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding additional water if necessary. It is now ready to be served.
3. Kerala Style Vegetable Stew
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- some curry leaves
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 2 pods cardamom
- ½ onion
- 3 tbsp peas / matar
- 1 small cauliflower
- 5 beans
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ carrot
- ½ potato
- 2 green chilli
- 2 cups coconut milk
Don't miss: 5 Spiritual Podcasts You Should Listen To
How To Make It:-
1. In a big pan add 2 cloves, 1 inch of cinnamon, and 2 pods of cardamom with coconut oil.
2. Add chopped onion and continue to cook until the onions start to slightly shrink.
3. Add some beans, diced carrot, potato, 3 tablespoons of peas, and other vegetables, as well as 2 green chilies and 1 inch of ginger. Sauté for one minute.
4. Add 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of salt, and a few curry leaves. Mix thoroughly.
5. Now boil the vegetables with the cover on for 5 minutes, or until they are halfway done.
6. Now stir in 2 cups of thin coconut milk. Boil vegetables for 7 minutes or until they are fully done.
7. Add a few curry leaves, some coconut milk, and one teaspoon of coconut oil after turning off the heat. Mix well. Finally, serve a vegetable stew prepared in Kerala with idiyappam or appam.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi.