Karwa Chauth is just around the corner and if you are hunting for some trendy yet simple hairstyles then this guide is for you. Most women carry traditional wear for the festival but often get confused when it comes to choosing a hairdo.
Your look is incomplete if you don't have the right hairdo. There are different ways you can style your hair for the celebrations. Here, we thought of bringing you some stylish hairdos inspired by Bollywood divas.
Center Parted Bun
When Deepika Padukone arrived on the sets of Kaun Banega Crorepati for a special episode, she carried a multi-coloured pleated saree. With the look, her hair were parted in a low, center parted one. This center parted bun is super easy to do and works well with almost all ethnic outfits.
- Detangle your hair and part into two sections from the front.
- Tie your hair in a low ponytail.
- Start twisting the ponytail and secure with bobby pins.
- Once you are done twisting, use some more pins to make the bun tight and secure.
- If you have flyaways on the front, use a hair spray or you can use some petroleum jelly.
- Dip the spoolie in the petroleum jelly and brush your front hair.
Center Parted Open Wavy Hair
Like keeping your tresses open? Go for a simple and trendy hairstyle like Shilpa Shetty. Her hair were parted in the middle, kept on the sides.
You can use a tong rod to get waves like these or an easy, heatless way of getting waves like these in your hair is by loosely tying your freshly washed hair.
- Wash your hair and part into two sections. When half dry and half damp, tie loose braid on both sides.
- Open after a few hours and you will get thick, gorgeous waves.
- Don't forget to adorn your look with a dainty maang tika.
The top knot bun is a classic hairstyle and works for just everyone, especially with traditional wear. This one is again an easy hairstyle to do.
- Comb back your hair and make a tight high ponytail.
- Divide your ponytail into two sections.
- Twist the two sections together and wrap around the center in a clockwise direction.
- Secure with bobby pins.
- Take out some strands from the front if you wish to or use a hairspray for a neat look.
A sleek ponytail is a versatile hairstyle. You can carry it almost everywhere. It looks super neat and chic. You can carry it with your beautiful georgette and chiffon sarees.
- Detangle your hair and straighten using a straightening machine. Make sure you divide your hair into small sections.
- Once straightened, pull your hair back in a ponytail. You can make it a low or high ponytail depending on your choice.
- Secure with a hair elastic.
- Take one strand of your hair and wrap it around the hair elastic. Secure with a bobby pin. This step will give your ponytail a neater look.
- Tame flyaways with a hairspray or petroleum jelly.
If you aren't someone who enjoys buns or loose hair, a fishtail braid like Alia Bhatt's would work best for you. You can go a little messy on the front if you wish to. This hairstyle would look great with sarees or even suits.
- To do a fishtail braid, gather all your hair into a ponytail on one side.
- Split your hair into two equal sections.
- Take one small strand of hair from the outside of one section and add it to the inside of the other section.
- Keep doing it till the end of your hair.
- Tie the end with a band.
- You can pull the braid a little to make it look voluminous.
- If you want a neat look on the front, you can use a hair spray.
Ahead of the festival, make sure you take care of your tresses. Condition your hair after every shampoo. Don't forget to use a pre-heat or protecting hair serum before using any heat styling tools.
Coming back to trendy hairstyles inspired by Bollywood divas, which one is your favourite one? Share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned!