Slim Fit Jeans Vs. Skinny Fit Jeans: Know Differences, Similarities And Styling Tips
Slim fit jeans and skinny fit jeans are both popular choices among women.
In the world of denims, there are many different sorts of jeans. Different styles go with different people. However, many people are often perplexed by the differences in denim styles. Slim Fit and Skinny Fit Jeans are two types of jeans that people often mix together. To clear up any doubts you might have about these two and know the styling tips, here is a detailed guide:
Skinny Fit Jeans
Skinny fit jeans are a very popular jeans choice among women. They have an extremely tight fitting. They also have a narrow, close-fitting cut in the shoulders, waist, and hips, and they incorporate elastic fibers to create skin-hugging material.
These jeans are stylish yet uncomfortable in general which can restrict movement. This is why it is often an uncomfy choice.
Slim Fit Jeans
Slim fit jeans, like skinny jeans, are a popular choice among women. These jeans are slim and form-fitting, with a flattering outline. This style has a cut that is near to your body but not as clingy and elastic as a skinny fit. They also don't cling to your hips and thighs as much. When compared to a standard fit, a slim fit provides you a considerably more defined silhouette, making it more comfortable choices.
Don't miss: Type Of Jeans And How To Select The Right One For Yourself
Differences Between Slim Fit Jeans & Skinny Fit Jeans
- Slim fit jeans are often looser than skinny jeans and do not restrict movement as much.
- Slim fit gives you a sharp silhouette, but it doesn't always stick to your body's curves like skinny fit does.
- Slim fit jeans are typically composed of stretch denim, they can also be made in non-stretch fabrics like cotton. Skinny jeans, on the other hand, feature a leg pattern that is closely tapered and molds to the body. Cotton denim and Lycra or spandex textiles, as well as stretch denim, are used to make it.
- Slim fit jeans are designed to fit tighter around the waist and thighs, eliminating the illusion of bagginess. Skinny jeans are designed to conform to the contours and shapes of the body. With a tapering pattern, it clings like a second skin, especially around the thigh, knee, and leg.
How To Style Skinny Fit Jeans?
Show off your curves in skinny fit jeans. Skinny jeans that hug your figure are surprisingly versatile. These are flattering for all shapes because of their ability to act like the best shapewear.
- Opt for ahigh-waisted jeans to keep things trendy, and pair with a shorter top or jumper to balance the look.
- If you’re short in height, skinny jeans tucked into heeled boots can be great to create an illusion of a taller leg.
- Wear your skinny jeans with a silky shirt or your finest blazer, as well as fancy shoes or heels, for a glam look.
- Play with proportions to keep them from looking too dated. Make a 'French tuck' with a voluminous top (tuck in the front half of your top and leave the rest out). It draws attention to your waist, making you look slimmer and more fashionable.
Don't miss: These Types Of Jeans Can Make You Look Taller, Know How To Style Them
How To Style Slim Fit Jeans?
Slim-fit jeans are a wardrobe staple, found in every woman's closet. They are highly fashionable and comfortable to wear, allowing you to walk around freely. You can style this jeans with any outfit and it will look perfect.
- For a sporty style, pair your slim-fit jeans with a loose t-shirt and white shoes.
- For a glamorous look, pair high waist slim fit jeans with a trendy top and any style of sandals.
I hope you found this quick guide helpful. Do share your thoughts with us by commenting on our Facebook or Instagram pages. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!