2021 will be remembered as a year marked by several new normals. With another months-long lockdown, people spent a lot of time in their houses. In the meantime, they experimented with various food recipes and followed various food trends. Take a look at 2021's biggest Food Trends that we all absolutely loved.
1. Broccoli Pasta
The combination of Broccoli and Pasta along with parmesan cheese was a lovely trend. Sicilian Spicy Pasta or Broccoli Pasta is a delicious meal with a satisfying taste.
To prepare Sicilian Spicy Pasta/ Broccoli Pasta,
- In a pan, sauté 2 tsp garlic.
- Then add 1/2 tsp chopped red chillies and season it with salt and pepper.
- After that, add broccoli and cook for two minutes.
- Then, add the boiled pasta and 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Cook for around 2-3 minutes and serve immediately.
2. Methi Matar Malai
Methi Matar Malai has been a favourite this season. It is known for its combination of mildly sweet, spicy and mild bitter taste in each serving.
To prepare Methi Matar Malai,
- Heat the oil, then add the garlic, methi leaves, onion-cashier paste, and salt to taste.
- Cook for a few minutes, or until the raw scent has disappeared.
- Pour in some water and stir well.
- Then, add the butter and the boiled green peas.
- Cook for 2 minutes before adding the cream and mix well. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- To serve, drizzle some chilli oil over the top.
3. Kimchi Salad
A delicious salad from Korea, Kimchi has become quite popular in India since few years. Made with cabbage soaked in the flavors of ginger, garlic, soya sauce and vinegar, it is a must try dish.
To prepare Kimchi Salad,
- Chop cabbage and place it in a bowl. Then sprinkle salt over it, and mix well.
- Leave it to rest for around 4 hours. After they have become a little wilted, squeeze them till they are softened.
- In a sterilized jar, mix the spring onions, ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, white vinegar, soy sauce, salt to taste, and 1.5 teaspoon sugar.
- Seal the jar and leave it for 24 hours.
- Garnish with sesame oil on top and serve.
4. Shahi Paneer
Shahi paneer is a delicious paneer recipe served in thick tomato gravy. It is a perfect dish for dinners.
To prepare Shahi Paneer,
- Soak some melon seeds in water and grind it into a paste.
- In a heavy pan, melt butter and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start to splutter, add ginger and slightly brown it.
- Add the tomatoes and saute over medium flame, until the oil separates.
- Sauté the melon paste, turmeric, coriander, salt, chilli powder, and garam masala over low to medium heat until the oil separates again.
- Then, saute green chillies with 2 cubes of crushed paneer and saute till the green chillies looks glossy.
- Mix in water and bring it to a boil. Leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes, cook for about 2 minutes, and serve hot with coriander garnish on top.
5. Black Coffee
Black coffee has been one of the most loved beverages in 2021. The drink is believed to help with weight loss, which may be one of the reasons why it remained a trend in 2021.
To make Black Coffee,
- Add water in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Then in a cup, add instant coffee powder and sugar.
- Pour warm water into the cup and mix well.
- Next, add boiling water to the cup.
- Stir well and enjoy!
Note- You can skip the sugar if you want a sugar free drink.
Which food trend of 2021 did you like the most? Let us know on our Facebook page.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!