The arrival of winters cannot be announced without tasting the incredible flavour of this delightful sweet treat, gajar ka halwa. It's a slow-cooked traditional Indian pudding that everyone enjoys and never gets tired of loving. Here is an easy recipe of this most loved sweet delight.
How To Make Gajar Ka Halwa?
- Begin with peeling and grating some carrots.
- Simmer milk and add the cardamoms. Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Now, heat some ghee in a heavy pan and add the carrot mixture.
- Cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and continue cooking till the halwa turns deep reddish color.
- Serve with your favourite dried fruit.
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe Card
Prepare the delicious winter delight, Gajar ka halwa with this easy recipe.
- Total Time :
- 60 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 45 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Lakshita Singh
- 1 Kg carrot
- 8 Green cardamoms
- 1 1/2 litre milk
- 5-7 tbsp ghee
- 5-7 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp shredded almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped dates
- Step 1
- Peel the carrots and grate them.
- Step 2
- Simmer in milk and add the green cardamoms. Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Step 3
- In a heavy pan, heat ghee and add the carrot mixture.
- Step 4
- Cook for around 10-15 minutes over low flame.
- Step 5
- Stir in sugar and continue to cook until the halwa turns deep reddish in color.
- Step 6
- Add your favourite dry fruit and serve.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com