Have you ever dreamt of having a supple, healthy, and glowing skin? You must have watched out for every artificial skin product available in the market and stashed them in your vanity but did not see the desired results, right?
Don’t worry, we have a solution for you!
Replace those expensive, chemical-laden skincare products with a vegetable that is readily available in your kitchen and is very versatile - Carrot.
This kitchen staple is loaded with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that will make your skin look glowing and youthful.
We know that of all the food items stocked up in your kitchen, it might have never occurred to you to pick up carrots for your skincare regime. So, to teach you how to do it, we’ve listed some DIY Carrot face masks that will fight all your skin problems.
But before we get into how you can make these DIY Carrot face masks, let's take a look and know why carrots are so beneficial for our skin!
Benefits Of Carrot Face Masks
Not only the carrots are good for your overall health but they can also tone and clear your skin, as they are naturally antiseptic and packed with vitamins.
Carrot face masks are that fountain of wholesome goodness, which can breathe life into your dull skin. Following are the benefits of using DIY carrot face masks:
- Carrot contains beta-carotene which reduces skin inflammation and promotes the renewal of new skin cells. Therefore, it is great for those with acne-prone skin.
- It comprises of Vitamin A which is an antioxidant. It protects the skin by limiting the production of free radicals, which can damage skin cells in the long run.
- It also contains Vitamin C which helps boost healthy collagen production for achieving firmer skin and further reduces the appearance of dark spots and other types of sun damage.
- It works great for oily skin and slows down the aging process.
- It works as an antiseptic that prevents infections.
- Vitamin E is also present in carrots which helps in hydrating the facial skin.
- Potassium existing in this kitchen staple keeps the skin cells hydrated and moisturized.
Easy DIY Carrot Face Masks
Now that you are aware of the benefits of using carrots on your face topically, here are some of the most effective carrot face masks for achieving a radiant skin.
Carrot, Honey, Olive Oil, And Lemon Face Mask
If you are looking for a face mask that will help you to even out your skin tone, then, this is the one for you!
While honey has antiseptic and antibacterial properties which combat acne and breakouts, carrots renew the dead skin cells that result in reducing the appearance of the dark spots. Mixing lemon juice can help to pull out dirt and impurities and olive oil can improve the hydration in your skin and fight symptoms of skin aging.
- Take 2 carrots and peel them.
- Then, boil the carrots until they are tender and after they have cooled down, mash them in a bowl.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons of organic honey and mix well.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil but if your skin is oily, then you may omit this step.
- Now, add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. If you have dry skin, then you can use a lesser amount.
- Combine all the ingredients together into a slightly thick mixture.
- Apply the carrot mask on your face and neck but avoid the eye and mouth area.
- Leave the mask on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water and apply your favourite moisturizer.
- Use this face mask once or twice a week to achieve the desired results.
Carrot, Cucumber, And Sour Cream Face Mask
The combination of carrot, cucumber, and sour cream can work wonders for your skin.
Vitamin A in carrots helps in keeping the skin fresh and free of toxins and cucumber works in making the skin tone better with its extensive clearing technique. While, the lactic acid present in sour cream naturally removes dead skin cells to promote new skin cell generation and further reduce the appearance of fine lines.
If you have dry skin, then you should definitely try this mask, it will make your skin soft and smooth.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of carrot juice.
- Take 1 tablespoon of cucumber paste.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck area.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with a splash of lukewarm water and pat dry.
- For best results, apply this face mask twice a week.
Carrot, Yoghurt, And Egg White Face Mask
This carrot, yoghurt, and egg face mask is great for all skin types. This is a skin brightening face mask that can make your skin flawless while restoring your damaged skin.
The combination of carrot and yoghurt can be perfect for glowing skin as they both hydrate the skin. They also play a big role in exfoliating skin and removing dead skin cells. Adding egg white to the mix can help in tightening your skin, closing pores, and getting rid of build-up.
If you don’t want to use egg, then you can replace it by using a few drops of olive oil along with almond oil.
- Take 1 tablespoon of carrot juice in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of yoghurt to the bowl.
- Then, add 1 tablespoon of egg white (or 1 tablespoon of olive oil mixed with almond oil) to the mix.
- Mix all the ingredients well and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to a cleansed face and neck.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- To achieve the desired results, use this mask once a week.
Which of these DIY face masks are you going to try next? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org