The new trend may be the secret to styling frizz-free curly hair! Like many other quick hacks over the internet, this one may take you more time but could have the desired result.
Where Did The Trend Start?
Like any other trend, this hair wash trend also took off on a social media platform, TikTok. A TikTok creator who goes by the name of Zia demonstrated the bowl method in a video, promising in a caption that this tedious process supposedly can "reduce frizz, hydrate curls, dilute and distribute [the] product, and help with curl clumps." Many creators on the app tend to dunk around two times per side.
Read More- DIY Hair Masks For Itchy Scalp
How To Do The Dunk Hair Wash?
While the process may add a few extra minutes to your hair care routine, TikTokers claim this method to have given their hair a better condition to be styled.
Anyone who uses lots of products to control frizz and maintain their hair's moisture should definitely give this technique a try.
The bowl method is a simple technique of washing curly hair by reusing the water and conditioner you normally wash out in the shower. By dipping your hair into the mixture several times, your hair tends to become more hydrated which results in tighter, more defined curls.
Things You Will Require-
- Big plastic bowl
- Jug or cup
Steps To Wash Your Hair-
- Fill your jug or cup with water, bend your hair forwards over the bowl, and slowly pour water on the back of your hair. Ensure the water falls into the bowl.
- Begin squishing your curls. Do this for a minute or two and really make sure the mixture settles well into your hair.
- Scoop the water up into your hands and keep repeating the process. This will help to dilute the conditioner in your hair while keeping your curls moisturized.
- Keep adding water if needed. Make sure your scalp is free from the conditioner.
- Squish until your curls have formed into nice big clumps. If they appear to be stringy, add more conditioner and keep squishing.
- Once you’re happy with your clumps, remove the water from the bowl
- Take the gel, and apply it to soaking wet hair. Squeeze the gel into the clumps.
- As you squeeze the water into your hair, let the excess water and gel fall into the bowl.
- Dip your curls into the mixture and squeeze out the remaining excess water until you’re satisfied with your curls.
This method not only saves a lot of water but also helps to moisturize your curls for maximum hydration. Besides conditioner, you can also add gel to your soaking wet hair. You can then continue to dip your curls in the bowl mixture of water, conditioner, and gel until they form into big juicy hydrated clumps.
Have more questions? Connect with us over our official Instagram account and drop us a comment. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more tips and tricks!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com