Sometimes it's the most elementary thing that ruin all our efforts of making our skin glowing like the sun. We do so many things and are always so anxious about making the skin healthier looking and super beautiful. From DIY face masks to endless chemical and organic products that promise to bring back that lost glow on the skin consume a major chunk of our money but still, the problems remain as it is.
Which could imply that the factor that we are considering triggers are not actually the root cause of your skin problems. Sometimes the problem could be the kind of water that you are using for your skin. There are two types of water hard water and soft water and hard water is very bad for the skin as it has hard minerals in it. Here are ways in which hard water affects your skin.
Hard Water Makes The Skin Age Faster
Hard water is composed of minerals such as iron, magnesium, and calcium and these minerals form free radicals. Free radicals are then known to break down the particles of collagen and collagen is responsible for making the skin firmer and tighter. Therefore a regular usage of hard water on your skin promotes premature ageing of the skin, making it saggy, dull, wrinkled, and loose.
Some Other Effects Of Hard Water
Hard water is very bad for the skin on a general basis as well. This water causes acne, rashes, breakouts, dryness, flakiness, and itching on the skin. Not only the skin but your hair (get glossy hair like koreans)also get affected if you wash it using hard water, roughness, dullness, and frizz start appearing on your scalp, and the quality/health both keep deteriorating.
Don't miss: Best Rose Water Face Mist, Toners In India
How To Test Hard Water
A simple way to test water hardness is to add about 350 ml water to a transparent bottle and then add about 15 drops of liquid handwash to it. Shake the bottle vigourously and halt for a while, if you notice very few bubbles, then you must know that the water is hard.
Solutions To The Hard Water Problem
- First and foremost you can use a water softener. A water softener is a widely used hard water solution. It can easily help you get rid of the soap that is on your skin.
- Use cleansing agents and products that are soap-free and mild on the skin.
- You can also cut short on your shower time and do not use very cold or very hot water to prevent skin damage to a level.
- Use lukewarm water and do not wash face with this water frequently.
- Use a microfiber towel and dab yourself gently to absorb all the excess water in the towel.
- Try using a good quality moisturiser just while the skin is still damp post-bath. This will trap the moisture in the skin and will prevent it from getting dry.
- Others who have issues such as dry skin, sensitive skin, etc can go ahead use fragrance free body washes (best body washes in India)and moisturisers in order to protect your skin from hard water.
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.