Fenugreek seeds or methi dana are commonly used spice in Indian kitchens. They are majorly used to add flavour to different food preparations, however, there is a lot more these tiny seeds can do.
Methi seeds or fenugreek are believed to be great for your hair. These seeds are packed with the goodness of vitamins A, K, C among others which can do wonders for your tresses.
Not just that, methi seeds also are a good source of minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium which can help treat a lot of hair issues like baldness, dryness, hair thinning.
An easy way to add fenugreek seeds to your haircare regime is by preparing a hair oil using them. It is really easy to prepare this hair oil at home and the results will leave you amazed.
How To Make Fenugreek Oil?
- In a clean jar, add 1/2 cup of fenugreek seeds. You can also crush these seeds a little in a blender and then use them.
- Next, pick any natural oil of your choice and pour it into the jar. You can pick any oil among olive, coconut, jojoba oil.
- Seal the jar and place it in a clean and dry place for about 3-6 weeks. The oil will start to turn darker with time.
- Strain the oil as per your preference using a sieve or cheesecloth. Throw away the fenugreek seeds.
- Pour the fenugreek oil into a fresh bottle. This bottle should be placed in a refrigerator and the oil is good for use up to 1 month. If you start to see the oil getting cloudy, it means it is no longer good for use.
Benefits Of Using Fenugreek Oil
1. Dandruff is one of the most common issues women face these days. Fenugreek has antibacterial and antifungal properties which help keep hair issues like dandruff at bay. As per a lot of studies, fenugreek fights the yeast that forms on the scalp and causes dandruff.
2. Our hair needs the goodness of essential nutrients like iron and protein to grow strong and thick. Fenugreek seeds are rich in such nutrients and applying this oil will help you grow stronger, healthier hair.
3. Applying fenugreek oil will help you repair all the damage caused to your hair because of using chemical-loaded products or styling tools. Using this oil will help you get back that natural shine.
4. If you want your hair to grow quickly, using fenugreek oil will definitely help. Fenugreek seeds are a good source of vitamins A, K, and C, iron, calcium and potassium among other essential vitamins and nutrients that encourage hair growth.
5. Those suffering from hair loss should also try using fenugreek oil because it helps increase hair density and control hair loss.
Remember that the fenugreek oil won't start to show results immediately. You should give it a good time of about 2-4 weeks. Though this hair oil is completely natural, it is best you stop using it if you suffer from any hair issues like hair fall or hair thinning.
If you try making this hair oil at home, don't forget to share your experience at home. For more such beauty-related stories, stay tuned!