Do you remember the time when our mothers used to give us a handful of almonds every morning before heading to school? Those delicious and crunchy dry fruits are packed with many nutrients that improve our overall health. But do you know that this magic ingredient can also do wonders to your skin and solve all your skin woes? We are not joking!
Almonds or badam are a rich source of Vitamin E and retinol which are known for making the skin soft, supple, and smooth. Because of its anti-ageing properties, it helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines on your face.
Not only this, almonds are effective in reducing acne, blackheads, and whiteheads by controlling the oil secretion with the help of fatty acids present in them. It also helps in treating scars caused by pimples and acne.
Wait till you read the best part! You can get an outstanding spa-like experience right at your home. How can you do that? It’s very simple, just prepare an almond face mask.
Now just imagine, how glowing your skin would turn when these nuts combine with other natural ingredients. It will definitely amplify the effectiveness.
So, to help you, we’ve got some DIY Almond Face Masks that can be prepared quickly and will help treat many skin issues while not burning a hole in your pocket. Have a look and try them yourselves!
Almond, Oatmeal, And Milk Face Mask
If you are tired of dealing with your dry and dull skin, then this can definitely be your go-to face mask!
As you know now, almonds are rich in Vitamin E and regular application of these magic nuts can nourish and soften your skin and provide you with a natural glow.
While, oatmeal works great as an exfoliating agent. It can remove the dead skin cells to soften up the texture of your skin. It is also enriched with proteins and lipids that can act as a perfect moisturizer for your dry skin.
Milk, on the other hand, contains lactic acid that can deep cleanse the skin pores and can help treat acne as well as reduce inflammation caused by pimples giving you clear and smooth skin that you have always wished for!
- First, take 6-7 almonds and soak them overnight.
- On the next morning, remove the skin from the almonds.
- Then, crush the almonds till it forms a smooth paste.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oatmeal to the almond paste in a small bowl.
- Combine both the ingredients well.
- Now, mix 3 tablespoons of raw milk into the mixture. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- For applying the face mask, first, cleanse your face. Then, apply the paste onto your face evenly.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Apply this DIY face mask once or twice a week to achieve the desired results.
Almond, Multani Mitti, And Rose Water Face Mask
If you are one of those people who are fed up with having that sticky and oily skin, then this DIY face mask is for you!
Having oily skin is a problem for many of us and the issue worsens in the summer season. Why? This skin type always tends to attract dust and pollutants due to excessive sebum production. The misery does not end here as the excess oil can lead to breakouts and acne. But multani mitti can solve this problem!
Multani mitti (Fuller’s Earth) can soak up the excess oil from the skin’s surface and prevents the chances of getting clogged pores. It also works effectively in preventing and treating whiteheads and blackheads. Whereas, almonds can nourish and soften the skin and can also protect the skin from sun damage.
Adding rose water to the mix can reduce skin redness and prevent additional swelling because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take a few almonds and grind them to form a powder.
- Now, take 1-2 teaspoons of almond powder and add it to a small mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of multani mitti to the bowl.
- Combine both the ingredients well.
- After that, add a spoonful of rose water to the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients well and form a smooth paste.
- Apply the face mask all over your face and neck.
- Let it stay for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- For best results, apply this face mask twice a week.
Almond, Turmeric, And Gram Flour Face Mask
You must have heard about this face mask from your grandmother. After all, this magical mask has been used for ages. But if you don’t know, then let us tell you, besan (gram flour) is considered to be the best kitchen ingredient for clear skin.
If you team it up with turmeric powder, you are surely getting rid of that stubborn acne as turmeric is a natural healer that contains anti-bacterial properties.
Combing the goodness of these ingredients with almond’s nourishing qualities makes it a perfect face mask for getting glowing skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of almond powder and add it to a small bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of gram flour to the bowl.
- Then, add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- After that, add water accordingly to form a smooth paste. You can also add cucumber juice.
- Now, apply the mixture all over your face and neck evenly.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Once it dries, wash your face with cold water.
- Apply this face mask once a week for best results.
Are you going to try these DIY face masks? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org