Sometimes lack of skincare and sun tanning can make our skin look very dull and damaged. With the wedding season on, this is the last problem we want as we all want to look our best at these wedding functions. So to brighten your skin no matter what your skin type is, here is a homemade serum using ingredients easily available in your fridge and garden that will work faster than store boght goods and will also save a lot of money.
To make the cucumber serum, You will need
- 1 Finely Chopped Large Cucumber
- 1 Fresh Aloe Vera Leaf
- 1 Bunch Of Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Muslin Cloth
- Glass bottle
- Mortar & Pestle/Grinder
- Wash the cucumber properly.
- Finely chop the organic cucmber or peeled cucumber if it is not organic and then wash the aloe vera gel leaf properly so that it does not cause irritation.
- Cut the leaf by first removing the thorn sides so that the gel is visible. Cut it into half and scrape out the inner gel.
- Now add the cucumber in the gel and the washed coriander leaves.
- Taking a big mortar and pestle, or grind in a mixer to make a gel like paste.
- Pour the paste in a muslin cloth and fasten it into a potli to squeeze out the water it leaves.
- Store the extracts in a glass bottle and keep it in the fridge.
Cucumber is said to have brightening properties and works like magic on the dullest and very damaged skin as well.
This recipe works wonders any time of the day and the coriander seeds add to the antioxidants you need. The anti-bacterial properties in it help in healing skin wounds and infections very fast.
This serum will not just help in brightening your skin fast but will also work on those blemishes that you do not like.
If you have sensitive skin, then too you can use this serum but if it is too sensitive then you may want to steer clear of it.This is applicable especially due to the presence of coriander leaves. You can give it a try by adding just a few leaves at first.
The serum will last for a maximum of 5 days and can be used by all including senior citizens.
So what are you waiting for? Get started and try it out as all the ingredients are easily available.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such skincare recipes.