Thermotherapy for skin has recently gained substantial popularity. If you know the ins and outs of the beauty industry then you probably might have also heard this word. Thermotherapy applies the use of heat over the skin which is known to be very beneficial for the skin. So,if you want faster results of masks, packs, and other products that you use on your skin then thermotherapy might be your way to go.
This therapy is known to revitalize the skin and help in the deep penetration of the topically applied products, which in turn helps in many problems such as anti- ageing, skin tightening, wrinkles and blemishes, and even deep cleansing and acne removal. Therefore let us take you through the entire process and see some elaborate details about thermotherapy for the skin and how you can try it.
Some Remarkable Benefits of Thermotherapy
- It revitalizes and rejuvenates the skin.
- It helps you calm down and relax.
- It is known for anti-ageing and skin tightening along with the reduction of wrinkles.
- It is known to help in the infusion of products into your skin.
- The heat effect on the skin softens the skin, making it plumper with time.
- It may treat a variety of dermatological infections occurring on the skin.
- This therapy may also be linked to anti-microbial action by killing all the bacteria and parasites and viruses on the skin.
- This process also facilitates the healing and repair of the skin.
- It improves the process of oxygenation in the skin.
How It Works
Thermotherapy is known to be a very powerful cure for many skin diseases and also various other diseases. A few research conducted, show great results of thermotherapy on Bowen's disease, melanoma, and even warts. In cosmetology, this process is regarded as one of the most trusted ways to enhance the appearance and appeal of the skin. Thermotherapy can be done by using liquid nitrogen as hyperthermia, hot water pads, ultrasound, and lasers(hyperthermia). The temperature in the therapy usually ranges between 41 degrees to 45 degrees celsius. The process is aimed to alter tissues of the skin biologically to increase oxygen intake and healing.
How To Perform Thermotherapy At Home
- To perform thermotherapy at home you can use a sock filled with rice/white beans or use the exposure with steam as thermotherapy.
- Start by washing your face thoroughly, then apply the cleansing cream over the face massaging nicely.
- Next, turn on the heat and steam/pat your face with the heat pad. Do this for about 5 -10 minutes until your nerves start expanding and you feel relaxed.
- After this, you should ideally apply a scrub as your pores are open and you can easily remove the dust and dirt present in the skin.
- Post this, apply aloe vera gel and massage for 5 minutes until it gets absorbed in the skin completely.
- Then, take a good face pack and apply it gently on the skin and let it dry.
- The face pack will prevent the entry of dust and dirt into the skin by closing the open pores which have now been deeply cleansed due to thermotherapy.
- Repeat this process once a week for healthy and nourished and shiny skin as thermotherapy can really help the skin to become visibly beautiful over time.
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more such pieces.