Voice mail is a wonderful phone feature. It enables the caller to digitally record a message and deliver it to the other person. This feature is especially useful when trying to reach someone on call who isn't available. With the use of voicemail, you can record your voice into a digital mailbox which can be retrieved by the owner of the mailbox later. If you're wondering how to set up this fantastic feature of voicemail on your Android and iPhone, you've come to the right place! Here is everything you need to know about setting up voicemail.
How To Set Up Voicemail Greeting?
The easiest way to set up voicemail greetings on Android or Iphone is using Google voice mail. you can either record a custom greeting or use the default greeting. You can record up to ten different voicemail greetings and choose which one you want callers to hear.
Here's how you can record a new greeting:
- Open the Google Voice app.
- At Menu in the top left corner, then Settings.
- Next, in the Voicemail section, tap Voicemail greeting.
- Now, tap Record a greeting.
- Press the Record button.
- Start recording your greeting and when you’re done, tap Stop.
- Now, choose what you want to do with the recording:
- To listen to the recording, tap Play.
- To redo the recording, tap Redo.
- To save the recording, tap Save. Enter a name for the new greeting and tap Save.
iPhone users can also follow the above steps to set up Voicemail greeting using the Google Voice app.
Note- You can record a greeting up to three minutes long using the Google Voice app. The greeting can only be one minute long if you use Safari to record it. Callers will hear the default greeting if you choose not to record a new greeting.
How To Set Up Your Voicemail On Android Using Default Settings?
- Open call settings on your phone.
- Select Voicemail.
- Select your carrier under Voicemail Service in the Voicemail setup settings.
- Select Voicemail number and enter your voicemail number, which can be your own cell number or the number of someone else to whom you wish your voicemails to be delivered.
- On your Android phone, a window will appear stating that your voicemail number has changed. Click the OK button.
- Open your Android phone's dialer and dial 1. Your phone should dial the carrier's voicemail service that you selected during voicemail setup.
- On call, the voice command will provide you with a PIN or password. Enter it.
- Record your name by speaking clearly when the voice commands prompts you.
- Then decide what you want callers to hear when you don't answer the phone. You can select from a list of pre-recorded greetings or record your own.
- A few other settings may be required, which vary by mobile service provider. To get through them, follow the voice commands.
Once you've completed the steps, you've successfully set up voicemail on your Android phone.
How To Set Up Voicemail On Iphone?
For better quality of voicemail experience, Iphone users can use an iOS visual voicemail app like AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, or Sprint.
How To Set Up Voicemail On Iphone Using Default Settings?
For default voicemail setup on iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Open your visual voicemail by going to the Phone app on your iPhone home screen and clicking the Voicemail button in the right corner.
2. On the iPhone screen, a 'Set up' button will appear. Enter your old password if you've used voicemail on your iPhone before. Create a new password and enter it if this is your first time. When you're finished, click 'Done.'
3. Your iPhone will then display the Greeting screen, where you can record your own voicemail greeting. Select 'Custom' and record your own greeting for a personalized greeting. To double-check, play it back to yourself.
4. When you're satisfied with your recorded greeting, click 'Done.'
This way you can set up voicemail on your iPhone.
How To Check Your Voicemail?
You can listen to your voicemails or read voicemail transcripts on Google voice app using these steps:
- Open the Google Voice app .
- At the bottom, tap Voicemail. You will see unread voicemails are in bold.
- Select a voicemail.
- Then choose one of the options:
- Read the voicemail transcript.
- To listen to a voicemail, tap the Play button.
- As a security safeguard, you'll be required to check in to Google Voice when you open a voicemail from an email. To listen to an account's voicemail, you must first login in to your Google Voice account.
- If a voicemail does not show, check if it got marked as spam. To find it, tap Menu at the top left, and then Spam. You can also choose 'Unmark as spam'.
How To Turn Voicemail Transcripts On Or Off?
- Open Google Voice App.
- At the top left, tap menu> settings.
Here, you can turn Voicemail transcripts on or off.
Reasons For Voicemail Not Working
If your voicemail on your smartphone isn't working, you may need to set up or change your settings to get it to work again.
- Make sure that your voicemail settings are correct.
- Update your Voicemail App
- You can use a third-party voicemail app.
- Contact your carrier for support.
Enjoy the convenience of technology using the voicemail feature.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com