The whole wheat banana and jaggery biscuits are not super hard and crunchy but are soft and chewy making them kid-friendly if you go by this easy recipe. Low on calories, you can make them for yourself as well if you want to satiate those sugar cravings but without feeling very guilty.
Atta Banana Biscuits Recipe Card
This kid friendly, healthy biscuits recipe has been contributed by The Lawyer Who Bakes
- Total Time :
- 40 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 25 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup powdered jaggery (These are on the slightly less sweet side if you need it to be sweeter then add ¼ cup of jaggery more and add about 3 extra tbsps of flour)
- 3 ripe mashed or pureed bananas
- ½ cup melted ghee
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Step 1
- Wet Ingredients: Mix the jaggery and melted ghee. They don’t mix perfectly so don’t worry. Then add the ripe bananas to this mixture.
- Step 2
- Dry Ingredients: Mix the flour and baking powder and sift and then add cardamom powder.
- Step 3
- In the stand mixer (you can also use a hand mixer or make the dough by hand) add the wet ingredients and mix and then slowly add the dry ingredients. The mixture should be a soft dough
- Step 4
- Make small balls and press to form the cookies. You can also make holes on the top with a fork for the designs.
- Step 5
- If the dough becomes warm, it gets difficult to shape. The dough can then be popped into the fridge to make it a little firm and then shape.
- Step 6
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 170-180°C.
- Step 7
- Let them cool a little & then store in air-tight jar or serve.