In the winter season, we all tend to gorge a lot on fattening food items or indulge in a store-bought soup which does not exactly help in weight loss if you have embarked on that journey. Secondly, amid this pandemic, the need to boost ur immunity has grown three-fold. So why not save money as well as have food items which help in killing two birds with one stone? Here is a truly simple recipe using lentil or dal at home to prepare a yummy soup in no time.
The dal soups are excellent as they are full of nutrients and minerals our body needs. They are filling and have more proteins which is great for weight loss. Instead of having starchy soups from the market shelves and spending so much money, try soups like these which are excellent for immunity boosting as well.
Here Is How You Make Dal Soup
- Wash the moong dal or masoor dal, whichever you prefer, and soak it for an hour to soften it a little as it gets easier to cook in lesser time.
- Roughly chop the onions, tomatoes, and garlic cloves.
- Do add ginger as per your wish as that gives a distinct taste.
- Opt for ghee instead of oil to reap the health benefits.
- Now take a pressure cooker, throw in the dal, tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, ghee, and pressure cook for 10 minutes with 1 glass water or depending upon how thick you want it.
- Once it cools down, transfer all into a blender and run it through to make sure all have pureed.
- Now, in a saucepan, put the soup and add black pepper powder, some salt as per taste, hing if you wish, and add water if you want it to be thinner. Give it a boil and then serve.
Dal Soup Recipe Card
Great for weight loss, this soup is comfort food in the winter chill which is good for immunity building as well.
- Total Time :
- 15 min
- Preparation Time :
- 2 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 1/2 Cup Moong Dal Or Masoor Dal
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 Chopped Garlic Clove
- Ginger As Per Taste
- Black Pepper Powder As Per Taste
- 1/4 Tsp Hing (Optional)
- 1/4 Tsp Ghee
- Salt As Per Taste
- Step 1
- In a pressure cooker, add the soaked dal, onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and salt and cook for 10 minutes with some water in it as per the preferred thickness.
- Step 2
- Let it cool and then use a blender to make the soupy version.
- Step 3
- Take a saucepan and warm up the soup with the masalas and check the consistency.
- Step 4
- Bring it to a boil, garnish with some coriander leaves and serve.