Uttapam is a classic south Indian breakfast dish that is popular throughout the country. Uttapams are crispy rice crepes with finely chopped vegetables on top, which tastes delicious. It is a perfect healthy breakfast option to start your day with, full of carbs, vitamins and fibre that can power you through the day. Here's how you can make this delicious meal at home.
How To Make Uttapam?
- Take Idli Dosa Batter and add 2 tsp salt to it.
- Take a separate bowl and mix all the veggies for the topping. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Next, heat tawa on a medium flame. Then pour a ladle of batter onto the tawa and spread out evenly.
- Now top it with the finely chopped veggies and spread out evenly. Then lightly tap veggies into the uttapam.
- After that, add a tsp of oil around the tawa's edges and cover it with a lid. Allow a few minutes for the uttapam to cook.
- When the edges turn a light brown colour, flip to the other side. Allow veggies to cook for a minute.
- Serve hot with butter and chutney.
Veg Uttapam Recipe Card
Veg Uttapam is a delicious and popular South Indian breakfast that can be easily prepared at home.
- Total Time :
- 25 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Lakshita Singh
- Dosa Batter
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 small grated carrot
- 1/2 capsicum finely chopped
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1-inch finely chopped ginger
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- Few chopped curry leaves
- 2 small cloves of finely chopped garlic
- A sprig of finely chopped coriander
- Step 1
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of salt to the Idli Dosa Batter.
- Step 2
- Now, in a separate bowl take all the veggies for the topping. Add ginger, garlic, chillies, coriander, curry leaves and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3
- Then, on a medium flame, heat a tawa. Once heated, pour a ladle of batter onto the tawa and spread out evenly in circular motions. Since this batter is thick, be careful not to over-spread it.
- Step 4
- Add a generous amount of veggie mix topping on tha batter. Spreadout evenly. Slightly tap the veggies into uttapam.
- Step 5
- After that, drizzle a tsp of oil around the tawa's edges and cover it with a lid. Allow a few minutes for the uttapam to cook. When the edges turn a light brown colour, you'll know it's done.
- Step 6
- Now, flip to the other side and allow the veggies to cook for a minute.
- Step 7
- Your tasty and crispy uttapam is ready to be served. Serve hot with butter and chutney.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com