With Diwali around the corner, there are so many preps we have to do from cleaning the house and places of work to doing Diwali shopping for friends, family, neighbours, people working for us and whatnot. The biggest task is food. What do we make for the guests, the food offerings that we need to make for Goddess Laxmi and the list goes on? For starters here is a recipe that you could use as an offering for Goddess Laxmi.
Pumpkin Halwa Recipe Card
This sweet dish is a staple during Diwali.
- Total Time :
- 35 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 1 kg pumpkin peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 150 ml water
- 150 gm grain sugar
- 4 tbsp pure ghee
- 50 gm raisins
- 2 tbsp grated and roasted coconut
- 2 tbsp flaked and roasted almonds
- Step 1
- Place the water, pumpkin and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Step 2
- Cover and cook until tender. Drain and mash the pumpkin.
- Step 3
- In a pan, heat the oil or ghee until hot.
- Step 4
- Add the pumpkin but keep stirring continuously.
- Step 5
- Allow the puree to reduce, thicken and darken, for about 10 minutes.
- Step 6
- Stir in enough sugar to sweeten.
- Step 7
- Continue cooking until the halwa reduces into a deep amber & glossy mixture.
- Step 8
- Spoon into a serving dish & serve hot, decorated with raisins, coconut and almonds.