Also known as ukdiche modak in Marathi, these unfried modaks are a delight. Give the traditional prasad a twist of paan or betel leaves and offer them to Lord Ganesha.
Paan Modak Recipe Card
Give the traditional modaks a twist with paan or betel leaves.
- Total Time :
- 35 min
- Preparation Time :
- 30 min
- Cooking Time :
- 3 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 1 dessicated large modak
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 5 betel or paan leaves
- 4 tsp gulkand
- 1/4th cup chopped cashes and almonds
- 1 tsp ghee
- Step 1
- Grind the betel leaves and condensed milk together.
- Step 2
- On medium heat, roast the coconut in ghee for 3 minutes and stir continuously. Fold in the paan mixture.
- Step 3
- Remove the mixture from heat once it becomes thick and let it cool.
- Step 4
- Make the stuffing by mixing together the dry fruits and gulkand.
- Step 5
- Grease your palms with some ghee so that the mixture doesn't stick to your hands.
- Step 6
- Take the paan batter in small portions and flatten them out like rotis but keep it a little thick so that it can hold the stuffing.
- Step 7
- On the flattened paan rotis, add small amount of Gulkand stuffing and make a ball.
- Step 8
- Take a modal mould and stuff the ball in it.
- Step 9
- Once you get the right shape, take the modaks our from the moulds and keep them on a plate.
- Step 10
- Serve the modaks with some chaandi vark if you want.