This Kashmiri tea called Kahwa has the goodness of many spices and nuts. It has saffron (if you can afford it), cinnamon, cardamom and almonds and the list can go on which I shall explain soon. It tastes great in the winter season but due to what it has, it is becoming a favourite of many when it comes to weight loss.
This rich drink can also be had in the summer there is no rule and here is how you can make it:
- Chop some almonds, small saltless pistachios, cashews and if there is any other nut you would like to experiment with. Just keep in mind that they will be boiled so they should not turn your tea sour as pecans will definitely.
- Get the green tea you take and some dried rose petals. If you can source some saffron, you are in for a super luxurious drink and if not, then it is okay.
- Bring out the cardamoms, cinnamon, and 2 cloves but not more.
- Boil them together and mix in some honey if you like it sweet and enjoy.
Kashmiri Kahwa Recipe Card
Lose weight with this traditional Kashmiri Kahwa recipe, a nutritious drink, excellent for weight loss!
- Total Time :
- 10 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 5 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 4 Strands Of Saffron
- 1/2 Inch Stick Of Cinnamon
- 5-6 Dried Rose Petals
- 1 Green Cardamom
- 300 ml Water
- Finely Chopped Dried Fruits Of Your Choice (Take Just 2-3 Pieces Of Each Type)
- 1 Clove
- Step 1
- Boil the water in a pan with the cloves, rose petals, saffron and cinnamon and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Step 2
- Now, switch off the flames and add in the green tea leaves and let it steep for a minute.
- Step 3
- Strain into 1 huge mug of 300 ml capacity or split it into 2 small cups and then add in the nut slivers and a small sprinkle of left over petals. You can also add in a strand of saffron for presentation (optional).
- Step 4
- Add honey if you like it sweetened and serve.