A Spanish omelette which is also called a tortilla in many places, is like a deep dish omelette in lay man's terminology. It is made with onions, potatoes, some vegetables, cheese, and eggs. They are served like cake slices and are so filling that you are sorted until late lunchtime. I make it when I have to go shopping in the daytime so that I can avoid junk food from outside.
How To Make It
- This is a rather simple recipe where you just have to chop all the ingredients and whisk the eggs.
- Lightly fry the potatoes first and the onions until golden brown.
- Transfer all ingredients together in a bowl of the whisked eggs with the preferred seasonings.
- Now, simply pour them all out on the non-stick or iron pan and cook for 3-4 minutes with the lid on.
- Once done, place a plate on the pan and flip like a pizza.
- Then cook the flipped side again in the pan for the same 3-4 minutes and then again flip it into a plate.
- Serve with a few garnishings.
Spanish Omelette Recipe Card
This is a filling recipe which is full of nutrients. The ingredients can be tweaked as per choice.
- Total Time :
- 35 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Chopped Potato
- Salt As Per Taste
- Pepper As Per Taste
- 1 Large Onion
- 6 Eggs
- Coriander Leaves For Garnishing
- Step 1
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl with salt and pepper as per taste.
- Step 2
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and fry the chopped potatoes until they are soft and golden.
- Step 3
- Then add them to the whisked egg bowl.
- Step 4
- In the same skillet, fry the onions until golden brown and then transfer them to the same bowl with the potatoes and egg.
- Step 5
- Stir the ingredients together.
- Step 6
- In the same skillet, pour in the bowl ingredients and cook with a lid for 3-4 minutes on each side. To flip the omelette simply take a plate and flip it in one quick motion so that your egg doesn't break.
- Step 7
- Once both sides are done, garnish with the coriander leaves and serve.