Enjoy the captivating flavours of the Middle East this summer by preparing these easy-to-make pecan baklava rolls. This amazing dish will add that missing sweetness in your life that you have been seeking in your desserts plus you would love it even more if you are in your own company and need something just to add to that amazing feeling. Let us take a look at the recipe of the day over here.
- Preheat your oven at 150° Celcius. Then take caster sugar, glucose syrup, cinnamon quills, and lemon juice in a saucepan and start heating them to make the syrup. Start with a high flame, bring to boil, then lower the flame and keep stirring until a thick syrup is formed.
- Now, take a bowl and all the rest of the ingredients along with spices and stir them well. Use a small tea towel to protect your pastry sheets from drying out soon. And use a few at a time.
- Cover one pastry sheet with ghee and then add the nut mixture 2 tablespoons to each sheet. Layer with another sheet and brush with ghee and nut mixture again and this is to be done till 5 sheets are placed one on top.
- Now roll the sheets into a lengthwise log, not too loose and not too tight. Cut each log like sushi and keep them over the baking tray and bake for about an hour. Finally, pour the syrup you prepared initially over the baklava rolls and garnish with pecans to serve.
Baklava Rolls With Pecans Recipe Card
With the delicious flavours of the Middle East, this dish surely a must try. The dish is a mix of different spices, sweet syrups and a crunchy crust and is very easy to prepare.
- Total Time :
- 130 min
- Preparation Time :
- 40 min
- Cooking Time :
- 90 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Poornima Pandey
- 450g Pecans(350g Crushed+ 100g To Garnish)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 25 Sheets Fresh Filo Pastry
- 450g Ghee(Melted And Cooled)
- 550g Caster Sugar
- 70g Glucose Syrup
- 3 Cinnamon Quills
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Step 1
- Preheat oven at 150° Celsius.
- Step 2
- Then add caster sugar, glucose syrup, cinnamon quills, lemon juice and heat for sometime to make a thick syrup.
- Step 3
- Now take rest of the ingredients and combine them well.
- Step 4
- Moving on, take pastry sheets and layer them with ghee and nut mixture. Repeat 5 time and turn into rolls.
- Step 5
- Cut the logs like sushi and bake for 1 hour.
- Step 6
- Once done pour the syrup over the rolls and then garnish with pecans.