As the temperature keeps changing, a lot of us are experiencing dry cough during this weather. Dry cough can be very irritating, especially while we are talking to someone important, giving a presentation, trying to sleep, etc.
If you are also suffering with dry coughing, we have a solution that can help. We spoke with Yoga Guru Neha Vasisht, the founder of The Yoga Guru and Women's Health Research Foundation (Trust), who explained two mudras that can help with dry cough relief. Take a look at:
What Is Mudra?
Mudra is a Sanskrit word that means 'gesture' or 'attitude.' Mudra refers to a variety of body postures that are mostly used for relaxation. It originated from yoga. It is a type of yoga which can be easily understood and done. It is a style of yoga that is simple to learn and practise that even kids can do without any difficulty.
Instructions For Doing Mudra:
Before you begin, take a few deep breaths and rest your mind. Then sit either cross-legged or in Padmasana.
Shunya mudra is a simple yoga gesture that is performed to reduce the space element (akasha) in the body. It's a hand (hasta) mudra, and it's one of several therapeutic mudras with healing powers.
How To Do Shunya Mudra?
- To perform Shunya Mudra, sit on the mat in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
- Keep your spine, back, and neck completely straight during this.
- Now place both your palms on the knees.
- While performing the mudra, the palms should be facing upwards.
- Fold your middle finger towards the palm.
- Place your thumb on the top of the middle finger and keep the rest of the fingers straight.
- Slowly close your eyes and maintain a normal breathing rate.
- Stay in this position for about 5 minutes before returning to normal.
Linga Mudra is a powerful gesture against dry cough. It increases the body's fire element, generating heat in the body. This mudra can help reduce the production of cough.
How To Do Linga Mudra?
- To do this mudra, interlock your fingers in both the hands.
- Maintain the left thumb straight.
- Now, let the right thumb encircle the left thumb.
Benefits Of Linga Mudra?
- This mudra can help in the relief from colds and coughs brought on by allergies and weather change.
- This mudra increases the fire element in the body.
- This mudra can help with sinusitis and other respiratory ailments.
Do not overdo this mudra as it can cause excessive heat in the body.
How Long Should These Mudras Be Performed For?
These mudras can be done at any time of the day. You can start by doing these mudras for 5 minutes. To achieve effective results, stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and fluids.
These mudras can help you get relief from those annoying constant dry cough. Dry cough can be caused by a variety of factors, including changes in the weather, smoking, diseases, and asthma problems, among others. However, you must determine what caused it, and if the condition persists for an extended period of time, you should seek medical advice.
I hope you found this story helpful. Share your thoughts wih us by commenting on our Facebook page.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org