We all love rains. We keep waiting for the monsoon season to finally arrive so that we can enjoy the beautiful rains, breezy winds, and nice weather. However, what also comes along are common health issues like cold, fever and cough.
As the weather changes, a lot of us catch cold and cough. The number of bacterial infections increases rapidly during this season and this lowers our immunity level. If you wish to prevent yourself from these health problems then we have a home remedy for you.
Onion water can help you prevent yourself from common diseases that you can catch during monsoons.
How to prepare onion water?
- You need an onion and some water. That's all. Chop onion into small pieces and soak in a bowl of water. Keep this for 6 to 8 hours.
- Pour this water in a glass and drink 2 to 3 tbsp of this water twice a day to prevent yourself from cold, cough and fever this monsoon season.
- If you can't drink this water, add some honey to it. This will change the taste and make it easier for you to have it.
You can give this water to anyone in your family. However, if the cold, fever or cough persists for a long period of time, you must consult your doctor.
Benefits Of Onion Water
1. Onions are rich in antioxidants which help fight cold.
2. It also has anti-inflammtory properties that are good for your health.
3. Onions have compounds that can fight against viral infections.
4. Onions also have antiviral properties that are good for your health issues like cold and cough.
5. Because of its anti microbial agents, onion helps in proper breathing during this season.
6. Drinking this water will help you boost your immunity.
Here are some tips that you should follow to further prevent yourself from the risk of getting sick this monsoon:
- Make sure your house is clean. Regular cleaning of your indoors is important during the monsoon season.
- Everytime you get wet in the rain, take a bath when you get back home. This will prevent infection during this season.
- Drink lots of water, make sure your water is clean. Avoid drinking unfiltered water.
- Keep yourself clean. Always wash your hands everytime you use your washrooms or after having your meals.
- It is important to fuel your body with healthy foods during this time of the year. Have healthy soups, fruits and green vegetables.