Indian gooseberry or amla is well-known for its abundant health benefits. The superfood is believed to treat a lot of our common health issues.
To enjoy the amazing health benefits of this superfood, you should add it to your daily diet. One easy way of doing it is by having amla candy.
Having some amla candies everyday is the best way to fuel your body with its health benefits. While they are available in the market, we suggest you make them at home. After all, you will use the best ingredients possible while preparing them at home.
It isn't really very difficult to make them at home and you can even prepare them in a small or large quantity depending on the number of consumers.
How To Make Amla Candy?
- 1 Kg Amla
- 3-4 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp Black Salt
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder
- Pinch Of Hing
- 3/4 Tsp Mango Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- In a pressure cooker, add washed amlas and water. Pressure cook on medium flake for 1 whistle.
- Let the amlas cool down and come to room temperature.
- Start cutting the amlas into pieces. Discard all the seeds.
- In a big bowl, add amlas and sugar. Mix well.
- Cover this bowl and keep it aside for 2 days
- On the third day, you will see amlas have absorbed all the sugar.
- Spread the amlas on a plate and keep under direct sunlight for 2 days.
- When you see amlas have dried and no longer sticky, transfer them to a bowl.
- Sprinkle all the spices. You can also coat the amla candies with more castor sugar.
- Transfer to a glass jar. Amla candy is ready!
- You can have 2-3 amla candies in a day. They can be consumed before or after meals.
Benefits Of Having Amla Candy
The pandemic is still here and it is imperative for all of us to have a strong immune system. Having amla candy everyday can help boost immunity. It helps keep any common health issues like cold and cough at bay.
Helps In Digestion
Amla is rich in fiber which is essential for a healthy digestive system. It helps in treating any digestion-related issues like constipation, bloating among others. Also, amla has anti-inflammatory properties which help treat stomach ulcers and hyperacidity.
Good For The Heart
Amla has chromium which helps in keeping the cholesterol levels in control. Consuming amla helps in reducing the risk of health problems and helps balance the cholesterol level of the body.
Great For Skin
Amla or Indian gooseberry is great for your skin as well. Regular consumption can help in treating spots, scars, and acne marks. It helps in reducing blemishes from your face too. All this because amla is a rich source of vitamins C, A, and E which are all great for the skin.
Though having amla candy is completely health and should have no side effects, it is best to consult your doctor before adding it to your diet if you are suffering from a health issue. For more such health-related stories, stay tuned!