With festivals in our near sight, we have a checklist of things to do and get ready for our parties. Children are very picky and judgemental about food. Picking food items for them can be a task. Fruits are a favourite snack for kids and they’ll munch on anything they know about the taste of fruits in them! Here is a simple banana idli recipe you can serve in 30 minutes.
- Take your required amount of sooji/rava and poha and add to water. Rest it to soak.
- While soaking the poha and rava/sooji, put the jaggery in water and heat in another vessel to liquify.
- Mash a ripe banana and add to the batter while adding ghee, cashews, and salt.
- Settle for some time.
- After a while, add it to the molds and leave it to steam for about 15 minutes.
Idlis will be ready to serve within 30 minutes. Here's to happy smiles and good times with your kids and family this festive season!
Give Your Idlis A Twist Of Bananas Recipe Card
Here’s a kid's special recipe for this festive season, go ahead and try it out soon!
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Mahima Girotra
- Poha/Aval/Beaten Rice- 1/4 cup
- Sooji/Rava - 1/2 cup
- Banana - 1 long sized
- Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup (optional)
- Jaggery - 1/4 cup
- Salt (optional)
- Baking soda (optional)
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Water - as required
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cashews - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Step 1
- Measure the required poha and sooji/rava.
- Step 2
- Add water to jaggery till it is immersed level and melt it. Set the jaggery syrup aside.
- Step 3
- Soak poha in water until soft
- Step 4
- Grind the soaked poha and grated coconut (optional) with little water to a smooth paste.
- Step 5
- Mash the bananas well with a hand or fork.
- Step 6
- Now in a vessel, add rava, poha coconut paste, jaggery syrup, ghee, cashews, raisins with a pinch of salt. Mix everything well. Add water and let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Step 7
- After 15-30 minutes, poha and rava should have absorbed most of the water content. Hence adjust with water to make it idli batter consistency that is neither too thick or thin.
- Step 8
- Add baking soda if required.
- Step 9
- Start making idlis, pour the batter in each idli mould.
- Step 10
- Steam it with a cup of water for 10 to 12 minutes on medium flame.
- Step 11
- Check with a spoon, if it's coming clean, the Idlis are ready! Switch off the flame and remove from moulds.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org