Do you dream of having soft, shiny, and long hair but stuck with your dull and frizzy hair? If we tell you that your luscious locks are just a sweet fruit away, would you believe us? No? Then, you have got to read this article!
In addition to being a delicious fruit, papaya has all components to become a mainstay in your DIY Haircare routine. How?
Papaya is rich in papain which is actually an exfoliating enzyme that can dissolve proteins. It is certainly a wonder fruit as it was once acknowledged as the ‘fruit of angels’ by Christopher Columbus. This magic fruit is extremely beneficial for your hair, as those exfoliating enzymes can break down the dead cell build-up on your scalp and leaving it healthier.
So, here we have listed some simple papaya hair mask recipes that you can try at home to bid goodbye to your hair woes!
But first off, let’s get to know that why a papaya hair mask is a must in your hair care routine.
Benefits Of Using Papaya For Your Hair
Image Courtesy: girlstyle.com
Here are reasons why you definitely should give DIY papaya hair mask a try:
- Papaya can boost your hair growth.
- It nourishes and rejuvenates the hair follicles.
- It prevents hair thinning.
- It has excellent hair conditioning properties as it is a great natural source of vitamin A.
- It is extremely beneficial for treating dandruff.
- It prevents premature graying of hair.
- It controls split ends.
- It clears chemical build-up and adds shine to your hair.
DIY Papaya Hair Masks You Can Try
Papaya is packed with ample nutrients, antioxidants and other such goodness which can do wonders for your hair. You just need to use the right papaya hair mask to target your hair woes and we can guarantee you that within a month, you’ll start seeing the positive results. Read on and try these masks!
Papaya, Olive Oil, Honey, And Banana Hair Mask
Image Courtesy: Energize your Health
If you want to deep-condition your hair, then this can be your go-to hair mask. Papaya hydrates and nourishes your hair from root to tip, which makes it a great antidote to dry and damaged hair.
While, being rich in potassium, antioxidants, and natural oils, bananas are a great ingredient for making a home-made hair pack. They also repair and add strength to your cuticles while improving the natural elasticity of your dull hair. You can also add olive oil and honey to this mix which can further help in nourishing your hair.
- Take 2 tbsp of papaya pulp.
- Take 1 ripe banana.
- Take 1 tbsp of oilve oil and honey each.
- Mash the ripe banana and blend it with olive oil and honey until you get a consistent paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Then, add the papaya pulp to it and mix the ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Let it stay for about 20 minutes and wrap a warm towel around to boost the effects of it.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this twice a month to achieve the desired results.
Papaya, Neem And Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Image Courtesy: refreshyourlife.in
You can mix up this purifying DIY mask for treating dandruff. The papain enzymes work present in Papaya prevents oil build-up on the scalp, which often causes hair issues like dandruff.
Another Ayurvedic herb that will heal your scalp issues is ‘Neem’. It contains an antimicrobial compound called nimonol that helps in treating dandruff. This herb basically fights scalp inflammation while balancing sebum production and boosting blood circulation.
Coconut oil helps in preserving the natural proteins of your hair and has deep penetrative properties which nourishes your scalp.
- Take 2 tbsp papaya pulp.
- Take 2 tbsp of neem powder (You can also use crushed neem leaves).
- Take 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask onto your hair and scalp and leave it on for half an hour.
- After that, wash the mask off with you’re a mild shampoo.
- For best results, apply this mask once a week.
Papaya And Curd Hair Mask
Image Courtesy: Foodtippr
Mighty Curd can be found in almost all DIY hair masks to beat dandruff. It works wonders to repair dry, dull and unmanageable hair. Curd is full of essential proteins and also possesses anti-fungal properties thereby, keeping scalp problems at bay!
While, papaya, as we all know till now, thwarts itching and flaking of the scalp, owing to its potent anti-bacterial traits.
- Blend a few papaya cubes to prepare papaya pulp.
- Then, using a strainer, squeeze out the juice from the papaya pulp.
- Take 2 tbsp of papaya juice.
- Take 2 tbsp of curd.
- Add and mix these ingredients to a bowl.
- Massage the mixture onto your scalp.
- Leave it on for about half an hour. You can also cover your head with a shower cap or a warm towel for effective results.
- After that, wash the mask off with your regular (preferably, mild) shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this method once in every two weeks for achieving the desired results.
Which of these hair masks are you going to try? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com