If you are a makeup lover, then summers can give you a hard time. Sweaty and sunny weather can not only make your foundation bleed but also give you an oily feel. This is where makeup fixers do their magic. Makeup fixers help in keeping your makeup in place and prevent it from getting sticky. If you do not wish to purchase expensive and chemical ridden makeup fixers, then the below given substitutes can come handy. You can easily make these natural setting sprays at home and get the perfect photo-finish look.
Aloe Setting Spray
Aloe vera is said to be a wonder plant for skin because of its multiple uses. From clearing off acne to skin brightening, aloe helps in improving the overall texture of your skin. It can also be used to prepare a makeup fixing spray by combining it with some other ingredients.
Ingredients required: Aloe vera, glycerin, water, rose water and a spray bottle.
- Step 1- Start by taking half a cup of water in a container.
- Step 2- Now add 1-2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can either purchase it from the market or use fresh gel directly from the plant, if available.
- Step 3- Add 4-5 drops of glycerin to the mixture. Make sure you don’t go overboard with it, as excess glycerin can make your face look oily.
- Step 4- Lastly, add 1-2 tablespoon of rose water. It will help in giving a cooling effect to your skin, along with a sweet fragrance.
- Step 5- Pour everything into the spray bottle and make sure you leave some space at the top.
- Step 6- Close the cap tightly and shake the spray bottle for at least 1-2 minutes, till everything is mixed together.
Your effective and natural makeup setting spray is ready to use. Always remember to shake it once before using. This spray is ideal for people with combination or dry skin.
Rose Water Setting Spray
Rose water not only helps in maintaining your skin’s pH balance but also controls excess oil secretion. It is full of antioxidants and leaves a cool effect on your skin.
Ingredients required: Rose water, essential oil, water, vitamin E oil capsule and spray bottle.
- Step 1- Start by taking 1/4th cup of water and add 1/4th cup of rose water to it.
- Step 2- Now cup your vitamin E capsule and squeeze out its oil.
- Step 3- You can add 1-2 drops of your favourite essential oil to give your spray a sweet smell.
- Step 4- Transfer the content to an empty spray bottle and secure it with the cap shut tightly.
- Step 5- Give the bottle a good shake till everything is mixed.
Your refreshing makeup fixing spray is ready to use. This spray is ideal for people with oily and combination skin.
Witch Hazel Setting Spray
Witch hazel is one component which is used in a variety of toner and face washes. The flower is known for its anti-inflammatory capacities, which is the reason why it has a cooling effect on the skin. Anti-microbial in nature, witch hazel also controls excess oil secretion.
Ingredients used: Witch hazel, rose water and spray bottle.
- Step 1- Take ½ cup of witch hazel in a container and add ½ cup of rose water to it.
- Step 2- Mix it well and transfer it to a spray bottle.
- Step 3- You can use the spray before applying your makeup to hydrate your skin properly.
Disclaimer: Make sure you patch test all these sprays before using them on your face.
For more such beauty tips and hacks, stay tuned to HerZindagi.com
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com