Lip balms are very important to keep lips moisturized. They are widely available in markets, but not all of them suit all of us. This could be due to the fact that many market available lip balms contain chemicals. However, by going natural, you won't have to worry about this problem.
You can make a variety of lip balms at home very easily. The best part about making these lip balms is that they don't require a lot of time or money.
To know how to make moisturizing lip balms at home, take a look:
1. DIY Lemon Lip Balm
- 1 Tbsp beeswax
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 8 Drops of lemon scented oil
- Fill a big bowl with warm water, then add another bowl containing the beeswax and coconut oil.
- Mix them well until the beeswax turns into a paste.
- Take the smaller bowl from the heat and stir in the honey and scented lemon oil.
- In a small box or container, mix the ingredients in a mixing bowl until the paste thickens.
- Leave the thick paste to cool off. Then you can start using it.
2. DIY Honey Lip Balm
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup grated natural beeswax
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 drops vitamin E oil
- 10–12 drops drops lemon essential oil
- 12 small containers with lids
- In a heatproof glass bowl, mix the grated beeswax and coconut oil.
- Put 1.5 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Carefully immerse the glass dish in the hot water and stir as the wax melts.
- When wax is melted, remove the bowl from the saucepan.
- Mix lemon essential oil, honey and vitamin E oil together. Then, immediately pour them into small containers, using a small funnel. As the wax dries quickly, have all of your containers ready.
- Cover it and let it cool completely. After that, your lip balm is ready to use.
3. DIY Chocolate Lip Balm
- 2 Tbsp grated beeswax
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Small containers
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, keep the beeswax and coconut oil. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Carefully take the bowl out of the microwave and mix.
- Continue this step until everything is melted and liquified.
- One melted, added the cocoa powder, and mixed everything well together.
- Then transfer to the lip tubes or small containers, and allow it to set up for about an hour.
- Your chocolate lip balm is ready for use.
4. DIY Coconut Oil Lip Balm
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- To begin, place 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add a little amount of natural lipstick to the bowl.
- Microwave the two ingredients on high for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted. Repeat the process multiple times until it is completely melted.
- After that, once the lip balm is melted, pour it into the lip balm container and leave it to solidify for at least 2 hours.
- Once it looks ready, you can use it.
Try these quick and easy lip balm recipes and share your thoughts with us by commenting on our facebook or Instagram pages. I hope you liked this story and found it helpful.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org