Are you tired of dealing with your dry, damaged, or dehydrated strands? But before you go dropping your hard-earned money on expensive hair treatments at the spa, take a look at this article!
As the season is changing, you must be facing a lot of hair issues, and indoor heat, outdoor elements, and hot hair styling appliances would be adding to your misery.
Fortunately, you don't have to add another beauty product to your online shopping cart. Why? Because we are going to tell you all about an amazing kitchen ingredient that you can whip into a DIY hair mask to fix everything from scalp to strands!
This magic ingredient is Apple Cider Vinegar!
Apple cider vinegar is basically a nutritious food condiment that is prepared by means of fermentation and distillation. This ingredient has been used for centuries for its amazing healing properties whether in food, or hair and skin.
Nowadays, apple cider vinegar is making a name for itself, especially in hair care. And why shouldn’t it be? It consists of amazing nutrients, enzymes, friendly bacteria, and vitamins. And because of its versatility, accessibility, and the fact that it makes wonderful DIY hair masks, its increasing popularity doesn’t surprise us.
So, today, we've compiled some of the best DIY apple cider vinegar hair masks for all of your biggest hair woes, and they will leave you with shiny and lustrous hair. Have a look!
Benefits Of Using Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair
Image Courtesy: prevention.com
Apple cider vinegar offers a lot of benefits for your hair. They are as follows:
- It can restore shine to your hair and make them less frizzy as it contains acetic acid.
- It cleans up the scalp and reduces dandruff.
- Its antimicrobial properties help in healing your scalp and act against itchiness.
- It is rich in Vitamin B which stimulates blood circulation and nourishes your hair.
- It strengthens and softens your hair by closing the cuticles and the hair shaft.
DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Masks
After learning about the advantages of using apple cider vinegar on hair, we are sure that you wouldn’t want to miss out on this miraculous ingredient.
So, take out your mixing bowls, it’s time to DIY your way to healthy hair with these masks!
Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey, And Olive Oil Hair Mask
If you want to deep condition your hair naturally, then you need to try this hair mask!
Apple cider vinegar can cleanse your scalp and remove excess oil. Hence, it is suitable for people with oily scalp and greasy hair.
Honey, on the other hand, is rich in many enzymes and nutrients. Further, it has anti-bacterial properties which fight against infections on the scalp, can condition your hair, and make your hair smooth and silky.
A touch of olive oil in this DIY hair mask will hydrate your hair and restore any lost moisture.
Adding a hint of rose essential oil will amplify the shine in your hair. Moreover, it works effectively towards making your scalp healthy with its anti-fungal properties.
- Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 3-4 tablespoons of plain water.
- Then, take 3 tablespoons of organic honey.
- Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Next, take 3–6 drops of rose essential oil.
- Fetch a bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply the hair mask onto your scalp and hair.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with 2–3 washes of water. No shampoo rinsing is required. Also, while rinsing out the hair mask, please make sure that you keep your eyes closed to prevent stinging.
- For best results, use this mask once or twice in 15 days.
Apple Cider Vinegar And Coconut Oil Hair Mask
You can give life to even the dullest manes with this shine-boosting, rejuvenating, and all-round nourishing hair mask.
Apple cider vinegar is an amazing ingredient that can clarify and smooth out hair’s outer layer which leads to boost shine.
While, coconut oil, as we all know, is rich in fatty acids, which can fight against infections on the scalp. Moreover, it is known for its hair growth properties, as well as other benefits such as conditioning, preventing splits ends, and preventing premature graying of hair.
- Take 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the bowl. You can increase the amount of oil for dry hair while, reduce it if you are someone with oily scalp and greasy hair.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of water to the mix.
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- Apply the hair mask to clean damp hair.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse it off with water.
- To achieve the desired results, apply this hair mask once fortnightly.
Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe Vera, Honey, And Rosemary Hair Mask
This DIY Hair Mask will work wonders for you if you are dealing with an itchy scalp.
As you now know that apple cider vinegar can balance your scalp and hair’s pH level. Also, its anti-fungal properties help combat scalp infections, itchiness, and dandruff.
Just like apple cider vinegar, aloe vera gel can prove to be beneficial for your hair. It is enriched with vitamins and amino acids which help in strengthening the hair.
Honey, on the other hand, can add shine to your dull hair while retaining and adding moisture to dry strands. And rosemary oil improves circulation which further promotes hair growth.
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Take 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Then, add 1 teaspoon of rosemary oil.
- Mix all the ingredients well and form a smooth paste.
- Apply the hair mask for half an hour.
- Then, rinse it off using a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- For best results, apply this hair mask once every two weeks.
Which of these DIY Hair Masks are you going to try? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org