Summers are here and so is the ‘king of fruits’ and our favourite - Mango!
This sweet and delicious fruit is known for being nutritionally rich and has been a part of our diets for ages. But have you ever considered using this miraculous fruit for solving your hair woes? No? Then, today, we are going to tell you how you can include Mango in your hair care routine.
For those who don’t know, a mango is filled with amazing nutrients and vitamins, especially beneficial for our hair. It is packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Potassium, and Calcium, which can help in almost all the hair problems that we deal with.
Further, it can serve as a natural moisturizer and can become your saviour if you are dealing with dry hair or dandruff problems. Apart from giving your tresses a heavenly scent, it can help in treating sun damage as well!
What can’t mango do for your hair? It is definitely a powerhouse of benefits.
So, scroll down and take a look at these amazing mango hair masks for all types of hair woes!
Mango, Banana, And Tea Tree Oil Hair Mask
We know dry hair and flaky scalp can be very hard to deal with, but this hair mask can surely help you out!
The antimicrobial properties of bananas can fix the problem of dry scalp and dandruff, as they can soften and condition your hair naturally. Also, bananas can make your hair thicker and stronger. On the other hand, Vitamin A present in mangoes can help to fight dandruff while adding a natural lustre to your tresses.
When combined with your favourite essential oil, this hair mask can provide additional benefits. You can use tea tree essential oil which is known to keep the hair moisturized. Further, it can help you deal with dry scalp and dandruff problems.
If you don’t want to use tea tree essential oil, you can even add lavender, rosemary, or peppermint essential oils. Sounds interesting? Let’s see how you can make this hair mask!
- Take a mango and chop it into smaller pieces.
- Then, add the pieces to a mixing bowl.
- Similarly, chop 2 bananas and add them to the bowl.
- Mash both the fruits and mix them well.
- Now, add a few drops of tea tree essential oil to the mix. Combine all the ingredients well.
- Apply this fruit mixture gently to your scalp and hair.
- Leave the mask on for at least 45-60 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water followed by washing your hair with a mild shampoo of your choice.
- For best results, apply this hair mask once or twice a week.
Mango, Egg, And Yoghurt Hair Mask
This mask can be your ultimate hair care solution! If you want to make your hair softer, stronger, and longer then, this hair mask is the perfect one for you.
Our star ingredient ‘Mango’ comprises of various vitamins that can help in providing a nourished scalp. Vitamin C present in mango produces sebum which is considered very important for hair growth. This fruit can also help in strengthening the hair follicles to prevent hair fall.
Eggs and Yoghurt, on the other hand, are known for their nutrients and proteins. Eggs also consist of Vitamin A coupled with Vitamin E, which can make your hair thick and strong. Moreover, they can help in naturally moisturizing your hair. Similarly, yoghurt helps with itchy scalp and cleanses your scalp well.
What more can you ask from a single mask?
- Take a mango and chop it into smaller pieces.
- Then, mash the pieces with the back of a fork and form them into a paste.
- After that, take 2 eggs and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Add the egg yolks to the mashed mango.
- Next, add 1-2 tablespoons of fresh thick yoghurt to the bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- Carefully apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Leave the hair mask on for about 40 minutes.
- Wash it off with room temperature water. Then, wash your hair using a mild shampoo to bid adieu to the egg smell.
- Apply this hair mask twice a week to achieve the desired results.
Don't miss: Try These Mango Face Packs For Glowing Skin
Mango, Aloe Vera, And Castor Oil Hair Mask
Are you tired of going to the salon every month to get rid of the split ends? If yes, then this might be the hair mask you need!
As you now know, mango can help in strengthening your hair and also keep it moisturized. But it can also boost your hair elasticity, thereby, reducing the formation of split ends.
Whereas, aloe vera gel consists of proteolytic enzymes which can not only help in strengthening your hair but can also repair dead skin cells on your scalp. It can further help in reversing the sun damage from the harmful UV rays.
With added benefits of castor oil, this hair mask can help with hair growth and nourish the scalp.
Trust us, these natural ingredients will work wonders on your hair. Can’t wait to try? Let’s get started!
- Take a mango, chop it, and add the pieces to a bowl.
- Mash the mango pieces using a fork.
- Then, scoop out the gel with a spoon from 1 or 2 stems of aloe vera and add it into a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of castor oil to the mixture. If you want a nice fragrance and added benefits, you can add 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil as well.
- Combine all the ingredients well. You can even blend the mixture for smooth and easy application.
- Apply the mask to your hair and leave it on for an hour.
- After the time is up, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- To achieve the desired results, apply this DIY hair mask once a week.
Which of these hair masks are you going to try? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com