If you enjoy making your own creams and gels for skincare then why not make your own sunscreens as well using all-natural ingredients? Pick your skin type, gather these products and DIY some amazing and effective creams or sprays that will save you from the harmful sun rays which can also lead to ageing and cancer.
Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil For Dry Skin
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp powdered zinc oxide
- 1/8 cup pure aloe vera gel
- 12 drops walnut extract oil
- 1/2 cup shea butter
How To Make
- Leaving the aloe and zinc oxide aside, mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan, melting them all on medium heat.
- Let the solution cool down slightly and then stir in the gel.
- When it cools down completely, add zinc oxide and mic thoroughly.
- Store in a glass jar, and keep it in a dry and cool place.
Note: In case you prefer a spray, subtract the shea butter and use the same recipe. Keep the bottle refrigerated.
Coconut Oil, Avocado, Jojoba sunscreen For Normal Skin
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/ 2 tbsp almond oil
- 1/2 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter
- 1/2 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 drops of vitamin E oil
- 1/2 tbsp beeswax
- 1/2 tbsp soya-lecithin
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- ½ tbsp borax powder
How To Make
- Grate the beeswax and melt it along with the shea and cocoa butter in a double boiler and whisk until it melts properly.
- Mix in all the oils and soya-lecithin and remove from heat.
- Blend the gel, rose water, and borax powder and store it in an airtight bottle. Keep it in the refrigerator and use when needed. The shelf life of this solution is 1-month maximum.
Aloe Vera Sunscreen Lotion For Oily Skin
- 280 gms of any fragrant body lotion you use
- 4 drops of clove oil
- 7 drops of peppermint oil
- 10 tsp aloe vera gel
How To Make
- In a double boiler, mix in all the ingredients for a few minutes and blend till they become frothy.
- Store in an airtight jar and place it in the fridge, using when needed.
- This sunscreen will last you between 1-2 months as per shelf life when stored in a refrigerator.
Some brands do claim to manufacture waterproof sunscreens but technically it is not possible. They tend to highly processed ingredients which are very harmful and not recommended.
Wear your sunscreen b20 minutes before stepping out of the house and reapply these homemade solutions every hour or two.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such useful remedies.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org