A very common problem in the winter season, dandruff is a result of many factors. Too much heat or cold exposure, excessive exposure to hair styling products, chronic constipation, pollution and stress, are some of the culprits that land us in such situations. Don't worry, Ayurveda has the answer to all problems. Check them out.
Gram Flour or 'Besan' With Curd
Image Courtesy: stylecraze
- Mix two tablespoons of gram flour in a small bowl of curd.
- Add a half tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for thirty minutes.
- Curd and gram flour are best hair cleansers that aid in cleaning the scalp.
Camphor With Coconut Oil
- A grand ma's recipe, this is the easiest and extremely effective.
- Just mix a small amount of camphor in coconut oil.
- Store it in a bottle, and apply each night before going to bed.
Camphor cools your scalp and helps in reducing dandruff.
Coconut With Lemon
An extremely important ingredient, lemon is the most useful ingredients in hair care remedies.
- Mix lemon in warm coconut oil and apply on the scalp.
- Leave it for about half an hour before shampoo.
- Follow this for at least two weeks for best results.
Curd With Lemon
- Just a bowl of curd with two lemons squeezed
Lemons are supposed to be real dandruff killers. It is worth trying this tip. Curd acts as a moisturizer and keeps your scalp cool.
- Mix Shikakayee with mint leaves and fenugreek seeds.
- Soak them in water and apply the mixture on the scalp before you sleep.
- Leave it overnight.
- In the morning, rinse it off with warm water.
If you cannot prepare it at home, there are many ayurvedic shops that sell already packed shikakyee with many more herbs great for the hair.
Neem leaves With Lemon
- Make a paste of neem leaves.
- Add half a lemon to it and apply the paste onto your scalp.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it with shampoo.
- For best results, use this tip twice a week.
Almond Oil With Olive Oil
- Mix almond oil with olive oil.
- Both are known to have superb qualities to help your hair grow as well as nourish it.
- Make sugar solution and apply it to your hair after the oil massage.
- After the shampoo, use tea water to rinse at last.
Vinegar Ayurvedic Remedy
- Mix two tablespoons of vinegar in cup of hot water.
- Use cotton to dab on the scalp.
Vinegar not only conditions your hair but also assists in clearing dandruff.
Mint Leaves With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Boil a cup of water mixed with a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Add few mint leaves.
- Let the mixture boil for some time and allow it to cool.
- Gently take the mixture on your finger tips and massage it into your scalp.
- Rinse after it dries.
- Another version of Ayurveda treatment for dandruff comes in the form of sandalwood oil-lime juice mixture.
- The emulsion should be massaged onto the scalp for a few minutes and then washed out with tepid water.
Massage treatment will boost circulation, strengthen hair roots and improve the overall health of your hair apart from remedying dandruff.
A simple anti-dandruff hair pack created with Amla powder, Tulsi leaves and water works wonders to cure this pesky and irritating hair condition.
- One must rub this paste onto the head thoroughly and let it sit for almost 30 minutes.
- As soon as the set time is over, rinse hair with plain water.
The thick gel extracted from Aloe Vera leaves is a putative remedy for coping dandruff-related issues.
- Simply spread the gel all over your hair and leave overnight.
- Shampoo your hair as usual next morning.
Eggs are a powerhouse of several hair-benefiting nutrients.
- A potion produced with egg and water works like magic.
- Rinse your scalp with fresh water, not warm water.
Wheat Germ Oil
- First get a through head massage with warmed up wheat germ oil and then cover up the head with a clean towel.
- Don’t forget to dip the towel in warm water so as to warm it up slightly.
- Make sure to squeeze excess water before you wrap it around your head.
- Wait for about half an hour and then wash your hair off with water.
Try these ayurvedic dandruff treatments and you will see why this type of treatment is more prefered to anything else!