When it comes to body care, we are ready to go the extra mile. Be it expensive skin care products or homemade DIYs, we put everything to test. But not every remedy works for everyone. If you too wish to have a glowing skin, right from your face and arms to your legs and feet, these home remedies are perfect for you. Made with natural products available in your kitchen, these scrubs and masks will become your one-stop-solution for radiating skin.
From chemical ridden makeup products to face washes and what not, your face goes through a lot. Give your face a much-needed break and use this cleansing face mask, which will lighten and brighten your skin.
Ingredients used: Banana (banana peel benefits), Honey and Yogurt.
- Step 1- Take ½ banana in a bowl and mash it well.
- Step 2- Add 2 tbsp yogurt and combine together to form a paste.
- Step 3- You can add 1-2 tbsp of honey, depending on how thick your mixture is.
- Step 4- Once you attain a spreadable consistency, apply the mask all over your face.
- Step 5- Leave on for 20 minutes and then wash off.
- Step 6- Massage with wet hands for 1-2 minutes while removing the mask.
Banana hydrates and cleanses your skin, while yogurt helps in skin brightening. Honey is full of antibacterial properties and keeps acne at bay.
If you too are tired of seeing the difference between the skin tone of your face and arms, then this mask is just for you. Usually tanning makes your arms darker and can even cause sunburn.
Ingredients required- Potato, lemon juice and multani mitti.
- Step 1- Grate one potato and squeeze out its juice in a bowl.
- Step 2- Squeeze half a lemon in it and add 2-3 tbsp of multani mitti.
- Step 3- Mix it well.
- Step 4- Apply this mixture all over your arms.
- Step 5- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash off, once it dries.
Both potato juice and lemon juice have the power to remove tanning effectively. Multani mitti calms the skin down and treats inflammation.
We often pay close attention to our face, arms and legs. In this process, our hands are the most neglected ones. Try this hand scrub to make your hands fairer and softer.
Ingredients used: Salt, Rose water and gram flour (besan).
- Step 1- Take 2 tbsp of salt in a bowl and add rose water to it.
- Step 2- Mix one tbsp of besan and prepare a paste.
- Step 3- Now apply it on the back side of your hand.
- Step 4- Leave for 10 minutes and massage while washing it off.
Salt will gently scrub dead skin cells, while besan will help in skin lightening.
To have supple smooth legs, all you need to do is make this all-natural scrub. It will not only get rid of dead skin but also make your skin radiate from within.
Ingredients required- Tomato, lemon juice and salt.
- Step 1- In a bowl mash 1-2 medium sized tomatoes properly.
- Step 2- Add one lemon juice along with 1-2 tsp of salt.
- Step 3- Combine well and ensure there are no lumps in it.
- Step 4- Use this paste to scrub your legs, as well as feet.
- Step 5- Scrub for 1-2 minutes and then leave on for 10 minutes.
- Step 6- Wash off with lukewarm water and don’t forget to moisturise.
Tomato soothes any kind of inflammation and heals skin. Lemon on the other hand is known for its de-tanning properties. Salt is a natural scrubber and can remove dead skin cells.
So, try these amazing home remedies and make your whole body glow naturally, right from top to toe.
For more such home remedies and beauty tips, stay tuned to HerZindagi.com