There are many restaurants that provide spring rolls as an appetiser or snack, but you can also create this delicious dish at home. Spring rolls are a popular dish from the Indo-Chinese cuisine. These rolls are filled with a tasty concoction of vegetables and have a crunchy, deep-fried crust. One can try these rolls with various dips and sauces. So here are some of the easiest veg spring roll recipes you can make at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
1. Mix Veg Spring Rolls
- 2 Onions
- 1 Cabbage
- 1 Capsicum
- Boiled Noodles
- Chilli Sauce
- Finely chopped garlic
- Finely chopped ginger
- Grated carrot
How To Make:
1. Take a pan and add some oil to it. Leave it on for a minute. Then, add chopped onions and chilli sauce to the pan. Saute the onions for a minute.
2. Now, add carrots, cabbage, and capsicum to the pan. You can also add beans to your recipe if you want to make your spring rolls nutritious.
3. Saute the vegetables till they get golden brown or crunchy. You also can add soya sauce and vinegar to them, if you wish to.
4. After mixing the vegetables, add salt, pepper, chilli powder and any other spices according to your taste. Remember to not add a lot of salt while cooking as the wrappers also have some salt content in them. Turn off the stove and keep the mixture aside to let it cool down.
5. With this, the stuffing of veg spring rolls is prepared. Now, it’s time to prepare the wrappers. For wrappers, take salt, maida, and corn flour in a vessel. Add water to it and mix them well and make a dough. Now take some dough roll it out in circular shapes. Now put some stuffing in the wrapper and wrap it properly. Then fry it in oil till it turns golden brown.
2. Noodle Spring Roll
- 1 cup Vegetables (carrots, onions, cabbage, capsicum)
- ½ cup Noodles
- 4-6 Garlic cloves
- 2 slices of Ginger
- 2 Onions
- Different Sauces
- 1 sprig of Spring onion
How To Make:
1. Heat oil in a wok and add garlic and ginger once hot. Saute on high flame until fragrant. Add onions and green chillies and saute till the onions are almost translucent.
2. Add carrots, beans, capsicum, and cabbage and saute for two to three minutes.
3. Add cooked noodles, soy sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce, and ketchup and mix lightly.
4. Stir to ensure the sauce coats all the noodles. Add spring onions and mix to combine. Set aside and allow it to cool.
5. Add one teaspoon of corn flour and two teaspoons of water to a bowl.
7. Keep spring roll sheets covered with a wet cloth to prevent it from drying and place one to two tablespoons of the filling in the middle before wrapping.
8. Start preparing the rolls and fry it in oil for six to eight minutes or until it turns golden brown, then it's ready.
3. Paneer Spring Rolls
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Green chillies
- ½ cup of Capsicums
- 2 Carrots
- Coriander Leaves
- Cumin Powder
- Spring roll sheets
How To Make:
1. Prepare the filling. Crumble/grate the paneer and take it in a mixing bowl. Add chopped green chilies, capsicum, carrots, mashed potatoes, turmeric powder, besan, red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder and salt and mix them well.
2. Once all the paneer, veggies, and spices are mixed together, make a small 4-5″ log/cylinder out of the filling.
3. Take a spring roll sheet. Keep it in a diamond shape. Place the filling log on one edge and bring together the left and right edges and then roll with the filling inside and shut the edges with maida paste.
4. Using a knife in one swift motion, cut the spring roll into half or into small bite size pieces.
5. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying the spring rolls. Once the oil is hot, drop four to five pieces of spring rolls and deep fry in medium flame till golden brown and crispy.
Did you enjoy reading this article? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org